PC Peripherals Headphones for music

Brendon

Skilled
As the title says I need headphones for music only for my dad. My budget is max 1500. I will spend more only if someone can really convince me ;)

Any suggestions ?

Also Im from Mumbai, so if you could also tell me where to get these headphones, it will be appreciated.

BF1983 said:
As the title says I need headphones for music only for my dad. My budget is max 1500. I will spend more only if someone can really convince me ;)

Any suggestions ?

Also Im from Mumbai, so if you could also tell me where to get these headphones, it will be appreciated.

Buy the Altec Lansing AHP512i Headphones for Rs. 900.

there is this blues ka headphones available... darn cheap... max 300 bucks.. and truust me the audio quality just rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

try em out.. it comes in 3 varieties .. though.. and all are good afaik :)

if u can get the dsp500 from usa for 45$. its the best deal. they are the best headphones i have used for music so far. the quality is too good & also the bass boost option is handy. it is usb so the soundcard is already there on the wire.

How are the philips SBCHP800, plantronics audio 90 and audio 80 series and labtech elite 840 ?

@chicmagnet - If I were buying these headphones for myself I would have definately considered those headphones. But these headphones are a gift from me to my dad, so I need quality stuff.

How are the philips SBCHP800, plantronics audio 90 and audio 80 series and labtech elite 840 ?

@chicmagnet - If I were buying these headphones for myself I would have definately considered those headphones. But these headphones are a gift from me to my dad, so I need quality stuff.

BF1983 said:

i own the HP800, awesome cans, same driver as the HP 840 and cheaper, so if u happen to find one, buy it with your eyes closed coz availability is a problem.....

i think most guys here will recommend the philips hp 850s and hp 800s. There has been a thread on this earlier.

plantronics audio 90 has a mike, do you think your dad wll want that if its for music?

No my dad wont need a mike and mikes are a bit fragile.

Anyways, thanks for all your replies. Im going to Lamington Rd tommorrow and I will check out the philps place there.

Else I will get the one from rediff (thanks to Udit for the link !).

hey......i have a philips to they are really nice i wish i was at home im still at work so cant tell u the model number maybe tomorrow.....also if ur going to lamm road check out these head phones from techcom.....they cost 165 -200 bucks but they have good output for that price......

I have the hp800. I like them a lot, ( since I got them for free :bleh: ). Only problem is, the joint where the headband joins the driver is very weak, can breaks easily. However, just fix it with stickfast, and let the music continue.

Thanks guys, couldnt find the shp 800 or 840 anywhere at LR. Went to all the philips showrooms and didnt have any decent headphones available. Also most of the computer shops had just iball and Zebronics headphones available. Just as I was about to give up, found a STREET VENDOR had one !

He had the Philips SHP-805 for 1195. Has HUGE ear cups. Very good specs, so bought it immediately. Checked them out and liked them very much.

Just checked out the difference between 805 and 800 and it seems that 805 has just a regular headphone design, the specs are same - 40 mm drivers and 1500 mV.

Thanks again.

Thanks, maybe when I get rid of my current crappy isound headphones, ill consider those Blues headphones (saw them, pretty huge for 300 !) or philips hp200 headphones as now im bankrupt ! :(

Sorry folks!! Late again.:ashamed:
But hope this benefits others!!:) :cool2:
While shopping for my pc didnt find the labtec cans!!
And read great reviews about Philips HP800 and 840.
But couldn't find them then either!!:(
Now back from Hospital, i am grounded at home due to several restrictions on movement and posture.:no:
So i called up Philips Electronics India, which also happens to be quite close to my place!!:eek:hyeah:
Spoke to a nice gentleman who confirmed the discontinuation of 800, 840, 890 etc in india and sent me brochures of their entire product line up.:clap:

The HP brochure is the latest Winter2005 range one and it features the foll-
HP195= 695/-;
HP250 ( looks like HP200= 845/-, but silver coloured cans)= 945/-;
HP805 (New design centre mount implies less chances of breakage like earlier, hopefully!!)= 1195/-;
HC130= IR cordless= 1500/-;

He also gave me cell no of another person looking after the HPs!!
He's gonna arrange from distributor and get it delivered to my place!!:hap2: :clap: Yippee!!

Back