Audio Headphones Under 2.5k

I was looking for a similar headphones under same budget but i want them for gaming and music can i go for these JVC.

@kRuSnIk can you share this thread with me because i was in the same boat.

GameNome said:
How does the Audio Technica ATH-M20 compare with the JVC?
sasikanth8 said:
^had the same question, also can it be comparatively good than ATH-35?
For that, you may need to list you basic sound preferences. Very basic:

Bass, Mid, Treble, Soundstage ---OR--- Music-genre, Movies, Gaming

Though generally, choosing in overall performance, JVC RX700 and a Philips SHPxxxx(forgot the number) are the most recommended cans in a 2.5k budget.

sato1986 said:

Though generally, choosing in overall performance, JVC RX700 and a Philips SHPxxxx(forgot the number) are the most recommended cans in a 2.5k budget.
Are you talking about Philips SHP2700?

If you need something bass heavy then get the RX700. The JVC has mammoth amounts of bass :D If you are looking for something more neutral and less bassy , have a look at the Audio Technica ATH-M20 . Incase you can stretch your budget by another 1000 bucks and get the ATH-M35 , nothing like it . Hands down one of the best balanced sounding cans under 5k ;).

Also the JVCs aren't very comfortable , tend to get a little hot under the ears and cause sweating after a few hours due to the tight fit.

i'm may probably use them hours of gaming so may be ATH best suites me.

I also dont want heavy bass thumping kind of headphones.

can someone clear me up i was between HD202 or ATH M20 if i get enough money ATH M35.

sato1986 said:

I want the headphones mainly for music and little bit of gaming. My favorite genres are rock and metal.

Any thoughts on these? Has a 50mm driver like the RX700.
eBay India: Philips SHP 8900 HiFi Headphone 50mm Flexible +Bill (item 260789619201 end time 29-May-2011 17:31:34 IST)

The RX700 listing greenhorn posted has ended . Is 3k (using coupon) a good price for these? >NEW JVC HA-RX700 Stereo Headphone HARX700 (Rs. 3350)

If you liked the sound signature of your shp2000 then you should be happy with the shp8900 too. After reading a lot of reviews what I understood is that Philips headphones basically all have the same overall sound with greater detail in the more expensive models.

I am not much of a basshead and i find the SHP2000 to have very nice balanced sound especially for the price i bought it for. been using them for three years now, the SHP8900 looks like a good upgrade.

Back