Car & Bike Heads up: Shell Petrol @ 71.45 in Bangalore

sh@sh!

Adept
Hi Guys,

Today morning I filled up from shell. The petrol price there was 71.45/liter!!! :huh::huh:

Will others too are going to increase the prices?? Why shell petrol is costlier than IOC/BP/HP??

Shell is not a govt-owned petrol company so they are free to set their own prices...If the govt wasn't subsidizing fuel then all of them would have charging that much as the price of fuel has gone up to $120/barrel after the Libya conflict...

Shell is charging ridiculously high here in Pune too, above 70 for sure. Although i do vouch for the quality of petrol that they provide and most importantly there is absolutely no cheating at their outlets (personal experience).

But other brands like HP etc at 62 Rs (approx) any time beats since the mileage difference one may get from shell does not warrant the 8-10 rupees difference / liter.

Mumbai Rs.63.xx/Liter...

When I had purchased my first bike, it was Rs.48.xx/Liter & when my dad had purchased his 1st bike, it was Rs.4.75/Liter... :p

yup, its 71.45/litre now in bangalore,i fillup only at shell petrol bunks,time to shift my loyalty.

I sold my car and bought a Cycle. Yup a 2 wheeled pedal powered cycle. Free fuel and free exercise..I am loving it....:p

It was just that most of the time, I was either at work, or chilling at friends house. My car used to get barely any use. Once Petrol hit 60, I just sold it. Bought a cycle. It takes me 15 mins from house to work (previously at-least 35 mins, waiting for bus/cab, traffic etc), and I also get my daily exercise.

No need to goto gym and slave away at those damn cardio machines, and I cut through traffic instantly. Would really recommend you guys to try it out.

^^ I had tried it but had to give up. Too long a distance for me. 15 kms one way and that too through very very bad roads. But i am super keen on starting that again.

nitant said:
It was just that most of the time, I was either at work, or chilling at friends house. My car used to get barely any use. Once Petrol hit 60, I just sold it. Bought a cycle. It takes me 15 mins from house to work (previously at-least 35 mins, waiting for bus/cab, traffic etc), and I also get my daily exercise.

No need to goto gym and slave away at those damn cardio machines, and I cut through traffic instantly. Would really recommend you guys to try it out.

so you go night outs, parties n all also in cycle ?

My friend there is this amazing service where you can rent out a car with driver, for a flexible period of time.....its called a cab. Thats what I use, when going out. It turns out cheaper than the car.

Not too sure about Delhi, but in Bombay, public transport is really good.

Filled up shell at Rs 70.35 (normal and not super) for 500 rupees. Got 7.11 liters.

Last time i had filled up using HP and had got 8.14 Liters in 500 rupees.

Primary reason for using shell this time is to check mileage of my bike and whether it does make any drastic difference than what HP gives me.

You should notice a difference with Shell. In my case, both performance and mileage improved. However, the higher price offets any perceivable advantage, so you are left to using it only for better performance

@ Nitant: Could have tried going by cycle except my office is around 25kms from my house, so if i go by cycle I have to go, touch my office building and come back.. :)

^ Sure... We should go to Venezuela, twin advantages, cheap gas and really beautiful women :) We don't need to worry about the mileage then :D

Back