Headset or Mic Condenser for Team/ Zoom Meetings ?

eraviii

Disciple
I currently own a Logitech H800 Headset and its not that great in terms of microphone, the colleague always says not audible and gotta hold the mic and speak.
Did my research and found mic condenser is better in terms of audio, However i cannot use it for casual usage unlike headsets has that advantage.

Confused should i go with a good headset with mic or a Condenser . Still i feel buying a condenser just for Zoom Meetings is a overkill . Any headsets worth getting at the sale now ?
Primary usage is for meetings, a lot !

Please advise/ Suggestions ! TIA.

I currently own a Logitech H800 Headset and its not that great in terms of microphone, the colleague always says not audible and gotta hold the mic and speak.
Did my research and found mic condenser is better in terms of audio, However i cannot use it for casual usage unlike headsets has that advantage.

Confused should i go with a good headset with mic or a Condenser . Still i feel buying a condenser just for Zoom Meetings is a overkill . Any headsets worth getting at the sale now ?
Primary usage is for meetings, a lot !

Please advise/ Suggestions ! TIA.
budget...

Before purchasing, do take a look at windows mic settings.
Try increasing microphone volume if its low.
Check if it has a boost/gain setting too.(Test it with 'hear my mic' to check for excess noise)

My personal suggestion- if you already have any phone earphone with inbuilt mic, get yourself the apple 3.5mm to usb c adaptor.(and usb c to a adaptor if needed).
Cheap and a versatile solution, can be used as a nice dac too.
Have tried a nokia and a redmi mic+earphone combo and it works perfectly on windows. No issue of TRS/TRRS port on desktop/laptop.

Otherwise take a look at some collar/lavalier mics. Have used the boya clip mic with my phone, good sound quality but seems to be tuned to be quite sensitive. Picks up background noise quite easily.

budget...
Under 10k

Before purchasing, do take a look at windows mic settings.
Try increasing microphone volume if its low.
Check if it has a boost/gain setting too.(Test it with 'hear my mic' to check for excess noise)

My personal suggestion- if you already have any phone earphone with inbuilt mic, get yourself the apple 3.5mm to usb c adaptor.(and usb c to a adaptor if needed).
Cheap and a versatile solution, can be used as a nice dac too.
Have tried a nokia and a redmi mic+earphone combo and it works perfectly on windows. No issue of TRS/TRRS port on desktop/laptop.

Otherwise take a look at some collar/lavalier mics. Have used the boya clip mic with my phone, good sound quality but seems to be tuned to be quite sensitive. Picks up background noise quite easily.
Oh okay let me try some settings tweaking then.

Confused should i go with a good headset with mic or a Condenser . Still i feel buying a condenser just for Zoom Meetings is a overkill
condenser mics are too sensitive for this purpose and for home use. Unless you are a singer/podcaster as well and want to record yourself.
It would pick up all construction work noise even from 500 meters, and your fan noise will annoy other people if you don't use filters/audio interface.
Even if you close the door and someone is watching TV in next room it will be picked up.
If you can control this environment - condenser are very good as one don't have to worry where /how far the mic is placed.

Look for simplified set-up.
At time i have to be in call for over 20 hr per week, and some days 5-6hr stretch, its very uncomfortable if i use ear covering headphones, so 99% time, for last 2yr or so, I use IEM ( jbl endurance - wired) for most of my calls after dumping my condenser mic set-up. even wearing them 8hr a days is comfortable.
I use Jbl live /tagg inferno/oop enco occasionally, but wireless had put me in embarrassing situation many times so i generally avoid wireless - unless i'm using my phone to attend the call.

if you really want that money to absolutely dispose off get these - https://www.amazon.in/dp/B0741L6DKD/

I'm here with a different advice - if your computer has a combined 3.5mm jack, i.e it can accept TRRS input, just get this - https://www.amazon.in/CONCEPT-Composite-Magnetic-Earphone-Detachable/dp/B08L3R99BW/

These are KZ EDX. They sound decent (haven't heard it personally, but seen many reviews) but the mic they use in their cables are just very good. I have similar build of KZ cable (Using with KZ ED16) and I've had 0 people complaining about my audio. At max I had to turn on the gain a little.

If your computer has a separate 3.5mm jack for input then you can't go wrong with even a cheapo lav mic - https://www.amazon.in/Maono-AU-400-Lavalier-Microphone-Black/dp/B07JF9B592 I'm suggest this one in particular as it has a TRRS to TRS converter, which other cheaper models might not provide.

So potentially under 1k, you can see a decent upgrade in your audio quality. Yes a mic and interface will any day sound better than these, but unless you are streaming to Twitch / making YT videos or doing professional voice-over work, this set up should work!

Back