Headset with noise-canceling mic for office use (Jabra evolve 65, Plantronics voyager focus UC?)

Faraz

Skilled
I am looking for a good headset with a noise-canceling mic. Currently looking at Jabra evolve 65 and Voyager focus UC from Plantronics. Not sure which one to get and from where. Also not sure which company has better support in India. Is there any other company that makes better headsets? Budget is around 20K

I am looking for a good headset with a noise-canceling mic. Currently looking at Jabra evolve 65 and Voyager focus UC from Plantronics. Not sure which one to get and from where. Also not sure which company has better support in India. Is there any other company that makes better headsets? Budget is around 20K
I am using a sony WH-1000XM3. During amazon discounts it is available for less than 20K (I bought in 18K in 2019).. Brilliant noise cancellation both the headphone and microphone. I use it daily for all the MS Teams meetings.

I have owned both. A third potential candidate is epos/Sennheiser which is also in India supposedly.

Back you your selections.
Jabra evolve 65 - Plus points - great noise cancellation for the mic. You can use it in INR middle of a noisy crowd and the listener will never know. Call quality is better than the voyager (better frequency response)
Voyager. Build quality is much better. Feels very premium both to hold and to wear.
If i were spending that much i would cough up a bit more and upgrade to the evolve 75. Its the best of both worlds.
I have an epos adapt m563 as well. Sq wise it's the best. The others don't compare. But Bluetooth integration on windows is very clunky. Need to fiddle with settings every time, unlike the others which are more or less plug and play.

And before you ask, sorry i can't help you with where to buy them. Got them all used on ebay US when i was there pre pandemic. Now they're almost impossible to find cheap.. Jabra evolve 2 series is out and have good reviews. No experience though. Callone Inc has some good reviews on YouTube of these headsets

Last edited:
I have owned both. A third potential candidate is epos/Sennheiser which is also in India supposedly.

Back you your selections.
Jabra evolve 65 - Plus points - great noise cancellation for the mic. You can use it in INR middle of a noisy crowd and the listener will never know. Call quality is better than the voyager (better frequency response)
Voyager. Build quality is much better. Feels very premium both to hold and to wear.
If i were spending that much i would cough up a bit more and upgrade to the evolve 75. Its the best of both worlds.
I have an epos adapt m563 as well. Sq wise it's the best. The others don't compare. But Bluetooth integration on windows is very clunky. Need to fiddle with settings every time, unlike the others which are more or less plug and play.

And before you ask, sorry i can't help you with where to buy them. Got them all used on ebay US when i was there pre pandemic. Now they're almost impossible to find cheap.. Jabra evolve 2 series is out and have good reviews. No experience though. Callone Inc has some good reviews on YouTube of these headsets
Ended up getting the Voyager for 22K. It wasn't really up to me. My company had suggested the Evolve 65, but that wasn't available from a reputed seller on Amazon, Voyager on the other end was, so I went with that. Thanks for answering.

I am using a sony WH-1000XM3. During amazon discounts it is available for less than 20K (I bought in 18K in 2019).. Brilliant noise cancellation both the headphone and microphone. I use it daily for all the MS Teams meetings.
Have you ever recorded your voice and played back?
I suggest you do, to understand how bad the other end receives it.

There is no microphone noise cancellation on any of the 1000XM series, except WI-1000XM2.
1000X2/XM3 has one the worst microphones for calls.
It amplifies background noises more than your voice.

Been using both 1000XM2/1000XM3 every other day since 2018 and I made peace with this fact.
Would never ever use these for calls, even a 1k headset performs better than this.

I have tried several noise cancellation headsets for office calls(Plantronics 5220, 3220, Jabra 20UC), which had good microphones,
but I was missing the ambient noise cancellation feature of 1000XM3.
Eventually settled down with the following setup, giving me the best of both worlds.

WH-1000XM3 + V Moda boom pro + Creative Sound Blaster Play 4.

Nope. Gaming headsets cannot match the voice clarity and comfort of headphones designed for conferencing.
On the contrary, there are many gaming headsets that have better microphones than these office headsets.
It all depends on the polar pattern of the boom mic(Omnidirectional/cardioid) and any hardware/software noise cancellation on top of it.
Like the Asus AI noise cancellation enabled gaming headsets.

Almost all office headsets come with Omni directional mics, but few gaming headsets come with cardioid pattern ones,
which by nature of the polar pattern would pick only directional voice.

Although more focussed on content makers, Blue Yeti microphones can switch between mic patterns on the fly giving more flexibility for different scenarios.

Last edited:
Back