Security Software HeadsUp: A New virus !

Blade_Runner

Skilled
Today morning i visited google for doing a search and i was greeted with this message !

"Your computer or network has been infected"
"You might want to run a virus checker or spyware remover to make sure your computer is free of viruses"

After i put in the code that google used to verfiy that i was indeed a human i got access back. I am running all the latest virus updates as well the spyware updates. I have scanned my PC. So i guess some other PC on the network has been compromised and hence google gave me a warning. I urge you guys not to download email attachments from unknown sources, and keep your PC updated with the latest patches, get a copy of standalone virus remover like stinger and update your antivirus !

Download Stinger from: Here

Edit: Chk out the thumbnail ! This isn't a screenshot from my pc but i got a similar error

the code that google used to verfiy that i was indeed a human
eh...whats that ???? :S
Never heard goole gving infection warnings :huh:

hellfire posted 8.38 minutes later:

OK..I think its Google's response to Santy worm which bogged down Google and other search engines by generating searches for vulnerable phpBB code or somehing like that :bleh:

(so were you searching the same stuff :eek:hyeah: )

I had seen this problem in many message boards.They even got it even though they had scanned for virus & spyware & were clean.The problem hasnt been clearly pointed out though.

Back