WTB [WTB] closed to New Members/Recruits

Not looking for new members in Marketplace.

This is what the thread title says.
Got it. So the marketplace is a closed one for existing members, for both buying and selling. Desperately disappointing for users like me who are just looking to buy some hardware from reputed resellers...

I can see why the mods might have arrived at this decision - still disappointing, regardless!

Got it. So the marketplace is a closed one for existing members, for both buying and selling. Desperately disappointing for users like me who are just looking to buy some hardware from reputed resellers...

Take part in the discussions, share ideas, guides, reviews — get to know about other like minded people as yourself.

The marketplace is for offloading, not deal swiping or profiteering. In a way, it has to be earned, and the most honest way to do that is to become part of forum as a valued member.

Everyone has some skill, some knowledge, some experience that can help others and by sharing that here, you become a part of the forum membership. The interests you share in your posts sparks creativity in other members.

I’m sorry if this is the wrong thread to ask but I posted a thread for buying firestick but that got deleted and I thought it was some kind of mistake or error but now when I again posted it is locked for further replies. May I know the reason why that happened because I am unable to find out.

edit: in your case, it could be because your last transaction in the marketplace did not go smoothly. The following may apply to other members:

I'm not part of the staff here, I just visit often enough to see patterns. This is my observation, not any official announcement:

The requirements to participate in the marketplace have been quietly raised by the admins to discourage opportunistic members.

By opportunistic members, I mean people who are interested in this forum only for deals and not for the sharing of knowledge.

By requirements, I mean the number of messages, number of reactions, and trophy points.

Last edited:
Take part in the discussions, share ideas, guides, reviews — get to know about other like minded people as yourself.

The marketplace is for offloading, not deal swiping or profiteering. In a way, it has to be earned, and the most honest way to do that is to become part of forum as a valued member.

Everyone has some skill, some knowledge, some experience that can help others and by sharing that here, you become a part of the forum membership. The interests you share in your posts sparks creativity in other members.
3+ months, 1 successful marketplace transaction and 40 messages (and I did get a leg up with a 1-month Patron upgrade!) later, I'm a disciple.

Thank you, sensei! Might bug you in the DMs with my homelab queries. Thanks again @rsaeon !

Spamming for market section.
And why have I got market restricted making merely 2 comment under WTB listings?

I commented "YGPM" like other members did here - https://techenclave.com/threads/previous-gen-nvidia-cards.220331/
Next thing I can see my comment deleted & market access restricted.

@mods Care to point what rules were violated?

Got marketplace restricted despite being disciple for commenting YGPM as other members did under the very same WTB listing.

What went wrong? @puns @Crazy_Eddy

Last edited:
Probably because you weren't active for a long time and suddenly commented on classified
Unlikely I've had non classifieds engagement in here mostly & recently + Should be a rule if that's the case.

I think it's rather a case of mods making something in their head instead of enforcing any rule.

The last time I had classified engagement before today was when I commented on some WTB listing and one of the mods deleted it citing "make seperate sale thread" which seemed impractical to me as everyone else comments on WTB threads for proper transparency.

As explained elsewhere, 'Market Restricted' is a user title, those are based on points. Your posts in the marketplace triggered the user title. You need more points to get it removed. I'm not sure what the threshold is, likely 40. You have 12.

The thresholds for leveling up all have changed in recent months due to an influx of new members, you would've stayed a disciple if you stayed out of the marketplace. Again, this information is in a thread somewhere.

Mods are way too busy to hold hands here and explain things to each and every member when the information is in a thread somewhere.

As explained elsewhere, 'Market Restricted' is a user title, those are based on points. Your posts in the marketplace triggered the user title. You need more points to get it removed. I'm not sure what the threshold is, likely 40. You have 12.

The thresholds for leveling up all have changed in recent months due to an influx of new members, you would've stayed a disciple if you stayed out of the marketplace. Again, this information is in a thread somewhere.

Mods are way too busy to hold hands here and explain things to each and every member when the information is in a thread somewhere.
I doubt if my comment being removed and restricted flair being applied simultaneously indicates an automated action.

Having gone through rules multiple times especially after being restricted. I don't think I've violated any.
I can't see if this "trophy points based criteria" is mentioned anywhere.

Supposing it is, it seems a little illogical where literally anyone can sign up for a new account, pay Rs. 150 & get classifieds access whereas someone like me barely making 5-6 comments out of 49 messages. Nearly 10% of total engagement gets restricted.

Regardless of what you, I or anyone else think only @mods can provide their justified reasoning behind it.

The actual rules haven't been updated that's why I mentioned "in a thread somewhere."

The restrictions are to keep numbers in market low.
So if you are an existing market member, avoid referring marketplace to new members, since increased restrictions could push you out of market as well.

Some disciples became recruits, others became market restricted.

"trophy points based criteria"

It's literally how every forum on the internet works.

Supposing it is, it seems a little illogical where literally anyone can sign up for a new account, pay Rs. 150 & get classifieds access whereas someone like me barely making 5-6 comments out of 49 messages. Nearly 10% of total engagement gets restricted.

Sounds like the solution is easy — upgrade your account! Save yourself the hassle of committing time and effort to rake up points.

Maybe the mods/admins deem it worthy to accommodate patrons because it pays for server costs? Who knows.

Regardless of what you, I or anyone else think

In the case of this particular forum, that is all what we have. The mods/admins are mostly hands-off here until it's time to ban someone.

Back