WTB [WTB] closed to New Members/Recruits

The actual rules haven't been updated that's why I mentioned "in a thread somewhere."
This particular comment of @Crazy_Eddy is under "General Talk" pertaining to new members who are spamming marketplace that's

Mine was single comment after long under classified which stands deleted so this is definitely not the case of spamming.
Sounds like the solution is easy — upgrade your account! Save yourself the hassle of committing time and effort to rake up points.
Not sure if that's the solution. They can restrict/ban without giving their reasoning like they've done now.
Maybe the mods/admins deem it worthy to accommodate patrons because it pays for server costs? Who knows.
That's the thing no one knows except them even that thread in general talk is full of assumptions by other members.
In the case of this particular forum, that is all what we have. The mods/admins are mostly hands-off here until it's time to ban someone.
I believe they're reading all these just choosing to keep silence.

"Someone posts - I want to buy
I comment indicating I have it for sale"
God & mod knows what kinda ethics and logic let alone rules, above violates to restrict me.

The last time .. I commented on some WTB listing and one of the mods deleted it citing "make seperate sale thread" which seemed impractical
It appears you are bypassing Classifieds by listing all your items in WTB threads.
You have 0 FS threads. And 0 trader ratings.

And why have I got market restricted
You're not restricted from PC Buying Advice, Laptop Buying Advice, Mobile phone buying Advice, Consumer Electronics Buying advice, Computer Hardware, Computer Software, Gaming and Consoles, etc.

Sounds like the solution is easy — upgrade your account!
No, it's not advised to upgrade account if someone has warnings against their account.

It appears you are bypassing Classifieds by listing all your items in WTB threads.
All my items are way too much to list here nor do I intend or expect to. A spare ps4 controller or years old discontinued graphic card or pair of Airpods with one side dead for which I saw requirement of others, are surely not all my items as you've made up a picture on your head. There are nearly 100 times more expensive items than those I use and have sold.

0 trader rating = everyone starts from somewhere. Does it warrant restriction?

Why not just add it to your ruleset that WTB comments require timestamps instead of making impractical assumption on others?

And if you're going to make hidden discriminatory rules why not interact with the said member first to let them know before revoking them altogether?
You're not restricted from PC Buying Advice, Laptop Buying Advice, Mobile phone buying Advice, Consumer Electronics Buying advice, Computer Hardware, Computer Software, Gaming and Consoles, etc.
I've referred to market restriction only, not other subforums.
No, it's not advised to upgrade account if someone has warnings against their account.
If you still under the false assumption that I've tried to "bypass" something, do say instead of silently assuming further, I can post live video timestamps of every single item in WTS, I've commented for in WTB threads.

It's been made clear, you simply don't have enough of a ranking or reputation here to participate in the marketplace. For what you're looking to do, use Facebook or OLX.

It's obvious that you're not here to discuss, collaborate or share — and now you've been reprimanded for trying to circumvent the marketplace restriction for members with low forum participation (points).

If I'm wrong and you're conscientiously (what a word) distressed at the Market Restricted label, then participate in the other sections until you collect enough points to level up out of it. It shouldn't take more than a month or three.

It's been made clear, you simply don't have enough of a ranking or reputation here to participate in the marketplace. For what you're looking to do, use Facebook or OLX.
Lack of "Leveling up/ raking points /collecting trophies" were your false assumptions on why I was restricted to begin with.
It's obvious that you're not here to discuss, collaborate or share — and now you've been reprimanded for trying to circumvent the marketplace restriction for members with low forum participation (points).
My double digits "discussions and collaboration" messages supercede single digit WTB comments on petty inexpensive stuffs even if one looks at my messaging history to this date.
If I'm wrong and you're conscientiously (what a word) distressed at the Market Restricted label, then participate in the other sections until you collect enough points to level up out of it. It shouldn't take more than a month or three.
As @Crazy_Eddy mentioned he misinterpreted or might I say deliberately interpreted 3-4 petty things as "All I have that I tried to sell here"

He falsely believes I've tried to circumvent classifieds protocols as there's no such rules enforcing Timestamps on WTB comments. Exactly my question why? Wouldn't it prevent false assumptions and unjustified actions?

And finally it's up to me what I deem suitable to sell and where. I've read incidents of someone's home getting robbed in here. Shouldn't be up to members of what they deem suitable to list on FS?

By the way I see repeated use of "OLX" in a derogatory way in this forum, do you guys really think classifieds in here have some diamonds & gold that there's no such alternative of OLX in India?

Lack of "Leveling up/ raking points /collecting trophies" were your false assumptions on why I was restricted to begin with.

My double digits "discussions and collaboration" messages supercede single digit WTB comments on petty inexpensive stuffs even if one looks at my messaging history to this date.

As @Crazy_Eddy mentioned he misinterpreted or might I say deliberately interpreted 3-4 petty things as "All I have that I tried to sell here"

He falsely believes I've tried to circumvent classifieds protocols as there's no such rules enforcing Timestamps on WTB comments. Exactly my question why? Wouldn't it prevent false assumptions and unjustified actions?

And finally it's up to me what I deem suitable to sell and where. I've read incidents of someone's home getting robbed in here. Shouldn't be up to members of what they deem suitable to list on FS?

By the way I see repeated use of "OLX" in a derogatory way in this forum, do you guys really think classifieds in here have some diamonds & gold that there's no such alternative of OLX in India?
Man really.....your comment has undertones that I personally feel were unwarranted and unnecessary. The ask was simple, be active in the community, interact with people, contribute in the forums and you can sell whatever the hell you want,... you can find FS threads for Cars and Bikes here. Do you really wanna double down and for what?? And yes you are right People here on TE might not have gold and diamonds to sell but more than a few of these people are real gems in real life. Your exercise is futile and your arguments moot.

Edit: I forgot..........F*** OLX

Man really.....your comment has undertones that I personally feel were unwarranted and unnecessary. The ask was simple, be active in the community, interact with people, contribute in the forums and you can sell whatever the hell you want,... you can find FS threads for Cars and Bikes here. Do you really wanna double down and for what??
Read twice what mod @Crazy_Eddy mentioned.
As per his hidden rule WTB isn't part of classifieds and commenting on someone listing will make you restricted if you've 0 FS & 0 Feedback

"And I'm gonna convey what I believe rather including it under rules only after restricting you if you ask for justification."

I simply didn't care going into sales section here unless I found someone needing something I already have hence commented 1st (not just privately messaged as someone with dishonest intent normally would) under handful WTB listing (maybe 4-5) far yet out of my 49 messages.

If he thinks I've circumvented (when in reality I've more provided transparency) in my engagements, what's stopping him to ask and verify timestamps?
And yes you are right People here on TE might not have gold and diamonds to sell but more than a few of these people are real gems in real life. Your exercise is futile and your arguments moot.

Edit: I forgot..........F*** OLX
Sure I can see the gems of people having such assumptive, judgemental & entitling mindset.
I've traded a lot in multiple international forums and subs relating to different fields. But it's true in India simple straight forward ways do not give you anything.

Read twice what mod @Crazy_Eddy mentioned.

As per his hidden rule WTB isn't part of classifieds and commenting on someone listing will make you restricted if you've 0 FS & 0 Feedback

"And I'm gonna convey what I believe rather including it under rules only after restricting you if you ask for justification."

I simply didn't care going into sales section here unless I found someone needing something I already have hence commented 1st (not just privately messaged as someone with dishonest intent normally would) under handful WTB listing (maybe 4-5) far yet out of my 49 messages.

If he thinks I've circumvented (when in reality I've more provided transparency) in my engagements, what's stopping him to ask and verify timestamps?

Sure I can see the gems of people having such assumptive, judgemental & entitling mindset.
I've traded a lot in multiple international forums and subs relating to different fields. But it's true in India simple straight forward ways do not give you anything.
You should trade/engage in international forums then, this humble forum seems way below your league man. To summarize you did something, Mods were not happy about it, they tell you the options and you are not happy about it, which is fine. This Forum still gives you a chance to express yourself, which you did, and other people besides the Mod tell you similar things. Why are you doubling down is beyond me. And you went after an entire country for this, again My domestic brain might not understand this international logic but whatever....

@rsaeon has given a wonderful solution to your problem, you should listen to him.

Last edited:
To summarize you did something, Mods were not happy about it, they tell you the options and you are not happy about it, which is fine.
Kindly point where and what options conveyed by mods that you're seeing.

They only conveyed what they perceived AFTER restricting and asking not before. If one wants to enforce some hidden rules especially which defy basic sensibility, it should be conveyed before.

Imagine getting banned for commenting merely single digit times on WTB listing what exactly they're meant for, in the span of 3.5 years + since joining a community.
Defies every logic and sense out of the roof!

Last edited:
Kindly point where and what options conveyed by mods that you're seeing.

They only conveyed what they perceived AFTER restricting and asking not before. If one wants to enforce some hidden rules, it should be conveyed before.
I think @rsaeon gave you a wonderful option. And have you ever heard about patient zero?? Again it's not the end of the world. Follow rsaeon's advice and get on with your life.

@chayarishav You're averaging less than 2 posts a month, nowhere in the new world or the old world, is that considered being part of a community.

You need to accept that you've messed up, disregarded rules and warnings, and now you've been restricted from the marketplace as a result of your actions.

Or you could continue do whatever it is you're doing now, if you think that'll help the situation more.

@chayarishav .
You need to accept that you've messed up, disregarded rules and warnings, and now you've been restricted from the marketplace as a result of your actions.
Point which rules and what warnings. Just my simple ask. Reply iff you or even mod has link to it or you guys can keep applying baseless assumptions on me.
@chayarishav You're averaging less than 2 posts a month, nowhere in the new world or the old world, is that considered being part of a community.
Going by this impractical logic, someone being here since 10 years having 25 messages ( averaging 2.5 messages a year) shouldn't be leaving more than 2 comments under classifieds if they saw 3 people needing what they've?

And if there's a valid existence of such baseless maths to consider "being part of the community" shouldn't be at least conveyed first at the very least if it's completely absent under rules?
Point which rules and what warnings. Just my simple ask. Reply iff you or even mod has link to it or you guys can keep applying baseless assumptions on me.

Going by this impractical logic, someone being here since 10 years having 25 messages ( averaging 2.5 messages a year) shouldn't be leaving more than 2 comments under classifieds if they saw 3 people needing what they've?

And if there's a valid existence of such baseless maths to consider "being part of the community" shouldn't be at least conveyed first at the very least if it's completely absent under rules?
Similarly, I saw someone new having what I need. Now obviously I've to insist dealing with them outside this forum bearing full risk of my funds since mods and bunch of folks decided to make irrelevant assumptions on a community member.

Regardless, I'll be leaving this forum for good :)

Last edited:
It's interactions like these that sometimes make me question the sustainability of the human race. Also it's interactions like these that make me question if self-employed WFH is really better than 11 hours in a cubicle and 2 hours in traffic.

Since you're asking for pedantry, here it is:

All my items are way too much to list here nor do I intend or expect to. A spare ps4 controller or years old discontinued graphic card or pair of Airpods with one side dead for which I saw requirement of others, are surely not all my items as you've made up a picture on your head.

In that context, "all" does not mean everything you've ever owned — it means everything you've wanted to offload here, you went through the WTB section, instead of making a FS thread.

There are nearly 100 times more expensive items than those I use and have sold.

Congratulations, no one cares.

0 trader rating = everyone starts from somewhere.

Excellent, you've grasped the basics. Participate more in the general areas until you lose the Market Restricted tag.

Does it warrant restriction?

If you're ignoring the rules and warnings, then yes, you've earned it.

If you still under the false assumption that I've tried to "bypass" something, do say instead of silently assuming further, I can post live video timestamps of every single item in WTS, I've commented for in WTB threads.

There's no appeal here, you've been judged. It's too late to go back. You had a warning, you ignored it.

one of the mods deleted it citing "make seperate sale thread" which seemed impractical to me

See that there? That was the warning you ignored. You were told what to do, you ignored it. Now, you're Market Restricted. A direct result of the consequences of your actions. This didn't happen out of nowhere.

as everyone else comments on WTB threads for proper transparency

Irrelevant. You received a direct instruction from a mod on what to do, based on what you in particular were doing. That overrides whatever the general rules are.

I think it's rather a case of mods making something in their head instead of enforcing any rule.
only @mods can provide their justified reasoning behind it.
They can restrict/ban without giving their reasoning like they've done now.
instead of making impractical assumption on others?
false assumptions and unjustified actions
He falsely believes I've tried to circumvent classifieds protocols
why not interact with the said member first to let them know before revoking them altogether?

There were more excerpts to quote but your whining and complaining has become tiresome to read. Anyway:

This isn't a free-for-all open forum. Enforcement of rules is on the discretion of the mods/admins. It's closer to a benevolent dictatorship than a democracy. I say benevolent since most members (like myself) end up benefiting far more than what they contribute.

what's stopping him to ask and verify timestamps?

If you had the participation in the forum that allowed you access to the Marketplace, and you established yourself as someone trustworthy in the marketplace, the WTB section would've been available to you. As it stands, you've averaged less than 2 posts a month for 3.5 years which shows you've had no interest in contributing to the forum collective. There is no reason why anyone would be able to trust you, regardless if you provided timestamps or not.

do you guys really think classifieds in here have some diamonds & gold

Certain parts of the internet do believe that, which is why the marketplace has such a high barrier to entry.

By the way I see repeated use of "OLX" in a derogatory way in this forum

It's important to understand that the marketplace is secondary to forum participation, so if that's what you want, then OLX is better suited for your interests.

Maybe re-read that sentence a few times until you actually understand what it means: access to the marketplace is a privilege for contributing members to offload unwanted items.

If you understood that, now ask yourself this: how do you have so few points after three and half years of being here?

Regardless, I'll be leaving this forum for good :)

No, stick around, I want to see how much someone can complain before they end up banned.

@rsaeon mate replied 100 lines for the sake of argument instead of simply linking to rules that were violated or warning that was conveyed.

One sentence would've sufficed if you had the answer.

Perhaps you've the time of devoting 100s of messages doesn't mean every other person have or they should.

Regardless, continue
See that there? That was the warning you ignored. You were told what to do, you ignored it. Now, you're Market Restricted. A direct result of the consequences of your actions. This didn't happen out of nowhere.
Btw, saying "make seperate sale thread" upon deletion
& saying "since you're a new member/have less engagement you've to make sale thread before commenting on WTB, the normal rules do not apply to you"
Are poles apart

However, I wouldn't expect someone having the primary purpose of arguing to understand the difference.

Last edited:
Back