Hello Shop and Shippers!!Want to bring home a HP - TouchPad 16GB Home??

Whats the offer in this? you are charging normal shipping charge+import duty as usual and its not just 100$ instead its(100$+6$ local shipping+ 9$ NY tax) so it will be more like rs 8000 while shopyourworld is giving quote of rs 7100.

Discount on shipping or duty-free clearance is needed to make it an offer :)

They think we aren't aware of the 99$ TouchPad 16GB offers going on :lol: . Clearly this is thread was made to bring that to attention and isn't really an offer for people who are already ordering this on their own and getting it shipped via sns.

I've already placed an order on Best Buy and if it comes through (and I desperately hope it does), I only want 2 things from you:

1) You guys don't screw me over the shipping - A flat shipping rate for all Touchpad orders would be better - say $25.

2) You try and get it cleared without duty - yes I know items below 10,000 are eligible for duty free exemption, but frankly I'm worried that the customs department would not consider the $100 price tag and instead slap the ~15% duty on the $400 MSRP.

Yes, I agree. The 14% on 400$ would be a crying shame, it would price the tablet a little TOO much. You people have to confirm that they will charge customs on the 99$ and not the full value. You will have to convince the customs dep that the PRODUCT PRICE HAS PLUMMETED.

And you could give a special offer and charge 1.5 kilos flat for all the shipping, so that we pay 26$ for each tablet.

Please do give us some proper discount!

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

RS4 said:
Dont worry, duty is on invoice not MRP :)

I had a bit of confusion about a 20$ worth walkie talkies which I was importing and when I called up S&S CC, they told me sometimes Customs will levy tax on the "Indian market price" and not the declared value, since it could be too low.

Maybe that guy was a numpty! or he was lying through his teeth, but they have given this excuse before.

JT_daniel said:
I had a bit of confusion about a 20$ worth walkie talkies which I was importing and when I called up S&S CC, they told me sometimes Customs will levy tax on the "Indian market price" and not the declared value, since it could be too low.

Maybe that guy was a numpty! or he was lying through his teeth, but they have given this excuse before.

Hp touchpad is not launched in india, so no indian price and they have to charge duty on invoice value.

Shopyourworld.com is providing this for around 6.3k using their duty free gift option. Only problem is we will have to find a working link for them to purchase the touchpad. The actual price is about 5300Rs including New York Tax. I will still go for Shopnship if they can provide some sort of discount on shipping or bring it as duty free gift.

Duty is on invoice

so remember to send invoice with tracking number

otherwise pay duty on ipad rates as cutoms know only ipad

^ Good to know atleast they know there is something called Ipad. I know a case they considered Ipad as laptop and didnt allow it in Free customs while coming to INdia.

guys lets make a new thread with members and quantity ordered through SNS

this cannot be edited by us

then we get exact quantity and easier to bargain

kuduku said:
guys lets make a new thread with members and quantity ordered through SNS
this cannot be edited by us
then we get exact quantity and easier to bargain
yup, kuduku start a new thread and maintain one single list of orders.

Back