Storage Solutions Help! 1.5 TB WD Internal HDD Giving Troubles

L33TWiZaRd

Disciple
K...so my 1.5 TB HDD (WD15EARS) is currently connected to my PC using an external case.

It is giving me a strange problem that I'm not able to figure out.

When i try to play any video file from the HDD it starts to play but then the frames drop/merge/skip creating artefacts on screen and at some times the video starts to jump from the start to the end with stuttery playback .

Tried checking the crc (using hksfv) of some anime that i have on the HDD and I'm getting crc errors and the same playback problem.

Tried copying the files to my internal HDD, and it copied over successfully but still the same playback problem.

Stuff that are rar'd is not unraring and giving me crc error.

The case is working fine for other HDD's that I have, so I don't think its the case.

This drive worked fine for a month and then all this nonsense. Another weird thing when I checked the serial of the drive for warranty status on wd support site it came back with 10/18/2010 :O

Please help me if possible as I'm quite worried of loosing all my data (HDD is almost full with only 90 gigs left)

CRC errors could indicate that the hard drive is about to fail. Better get the data backed up and RMA'd quick.

I get that but copying the video files over to the internal hdd is resulting in the same problem....

So what is the point of backing up the files if they don't play properly.

Can this be fixed or atleast the get data backed up in such a way that the files work like the way they should?

Back