[HELP]: 220v to 120v power adapter

Kneo

Adept
Can anyone recommend a good power adapter/transformer which can convert our local 230v to 120v to be used with US based devices? One of the product that I am getting has this listed in the power section,
"Comes with power adapter (wall wart). Input 120V AC 60Hz Output: 6VDC 3000mA"

I want to be able to use this product with our local 230v. Ideally what specs should one look at to get a good value for money power adapter?

Or should I be looking at getting something which would directly transform the 230V to 6V DC 3000mA? Is that mA spec important?

Kalpesh

well u need to get a step down transformer based 220v to 110v convertor starts at around 50watts load,which should be inuff for adaptors or small electronic devices.

Any specific brands? Or is the locally available one good enough? Considering that I'd be using this to run some electrical equipment, I'd prefer to get a good one.

well there ain't no brand in all these,a local one should do the job.since i use a 1000watt convertor myself for a creative gigaworks.

Kneo said:
Or should I be looking at getting something which would directly transform the 230V to 6V DC 3000mA? Is that mA spec important?

Kalpesh

As long as the adapter you get is equal to or more than 3000mA, you're good to go. I got these Sennheiser RS 120s thru kmd and had to do the same.

I think there is a brand called Foxconn. I am using many of these converters from this company. They are fine. I think a little expensive ~ 200Rs.

If you want some good quality one's, you can buy a step down converter that comes with xbox/ps3's ( look in market section ) . I got a 230-110 step down transfer with 600W max output for ps3 for some 1k in market here..

^^Pretty pointless cos the output he's looking for is 6v so any adapter would do.

But it should be just right for me. I have 2 air purifiers which need 120v input. Can you please be more specific about the converters you're talking about?

hello kalpesh

there is a brand called BlueBird and I am using its step down transformer for various small 50 watt us devices and electronis and it works fine. It cost me 600/-

Bluebird is Delhi based company and mostly makes AC transformers.
Do not go for those socket based down converters.

Back