Video Help: 52" LCD buying from Singapore

vercetti

Skilled
I am planning on stopping at singapore for a day on my return to Blore (from Melbourne)

I saw some 42" or 52" in Mustafa last time around going for real cheap prices..

Guys, I need info on
  • how to handle shipping, payment etc in case i plan to buy a TV from singapore.
  • Also, would the shop handle the shipping procedure if I pay or I need to physically take the item to the shipping area and book it myself?
  • How much will it cost me?

I think air shipping would not be possible for a 42 or 52" LCD. So i guess I am looking at surface shipping for a 1500-3000$ TV....
Cmon TE Gurus....start suggesting:)

vercetti said:
I am planning on stopping at singapore for a day on my return to Blore (from Melbourne)

I saw some 42" or 52" in Mustafa last time around going for real cheap prices..

Guys, I need info on
  • how to handle shipping, payment etc in case i plan to buy a TV from singapore.
  • Also, would the shop handle the shipping procedure if I pay or I need to physically take the item to the shipping area and book it myself?
  • How much will it cost me?

I think air shipping would not be possible for a 42 or 52" LCD. So i guess I am looking at surface shipping for a 1500-3000$ TV....
Cmon TE Gurus....start suggesting:)

I've heard that there are some agencies in Bangkok and Dubai who will park it at your doorstep (presumably via sea-freight) for a certain price, saving you the hassle of trying to get it transported. Don't know if Mustafa will do it for you, you may want to enquire.

hmm would be glad if you could share the details of agencies from bankok and dubai who send tvs to india thanks in advance

I've bought a sammy 26" LCD TV last September from Singapore, Prices in Mustafa are nearly the same as in India. I bought it from a grey dealer called Niranjan Electronics in Little india area of Singapore...The dealer is quite famous around the locality, so try this shop.

And i dont know much about shipping, Can u not bring the LCD TV by yourself to bangalore ? Not sure if its the baggage limit, the problem

Dude how much would you save on it? Its a much better idea buying it in india with warranty. Shipping itself would cost you a fair bit as well. And then what about customs?

Considering customs using under desk technique: 10k
shipping: 20k
TV for 60k

So it comes to 90k for a 52" TV.... do u guys think its a cool deal?
What's the price of a 720p or 1080p LCD 52" in india BTW?

well when i was in s'pore, mustafa people refused to help me for delivery of LCD kind of product to India. i know some agencies in Tokyo but not in Singapore.... can ask few friends there.... but these days there is not much difference.. u get it from Singapore + shipping +delay + no warranty ... better buy it here from grey market... it would be same... very less savings you can make....

I have stayed for 6 months in Little India... try second hand market there... damn good... very nice rates for speakers and LCD's too... you might get little old TV for through away price... not advisable btw... i have seen lot of speakers and very few LCD's. actually i could find 20,22" LCD's at very cheap price... could not find 42/52" :(

even i am plannning to do that. My bro is coming from singapore to bangalore next month. He is getting a lcd tv. Some of his friends got it in indian airlines. They had to mark it as FRAGILE so that it would be handled with care. I guess you have to pay some extra money for that.

I think that would be a small size TV. 46 and 52" TV package size is quite huge. I think it would not even meet the international luggage guideline for airlines leave alone air inida.

how big was the TV BTW?
swordfish123 said:
even i am plannning to do that. My bro is coming from singapore to bangalore next month. He is getting a lcd tv. Some of his friends got it in indian airlines. They had to mark it as FRAGILE so that it would be handled with care. I guess you have to pay some extra money for that.

vercetti said:
I think that would be a small size TV. 46 and 52" TV package size is quite huge. I think it would not even meet the international luggage guideline for airlines leave alone air inida.

how big was the TV BTW?

well i have seen a passenger in bangalore old airport 2 years ago arriving with a 46inch sony W300A model.so i don't think its a issue since the weight of these tvs are low,only big in volume.

That's what I was talking about... The volume is quite high and nowadays they don't allow suh huge volumes inside the aircraft:(
adder said:
well i have seen a passenger in bangalore old airport 2 years ago arriving with a 46inch sony W300A model.so i don't think its a issue since the weight of these tvs are low,only big in volume.

vercetti said:
That's what I was talking about... The volume is quite high and nowadays they don't allow suh huge volumes inside the aircraft:(

well my relatives get couple of suit cases that are the size of 32inch lcd box,so i don't think there will be an issue,the size of the 46inch box is about 3times the 32inch box.u can easily get 40inch size lcds.

Err...carrying 3 small suitcases is not equal to carrying one big suitcases:)...correct me if I am wrong:)

if u know.... if ur weight limit is 40kgs...u will never be allowed to carry any suitcase whose weight is greater than 32Kgs....even if u pay the airport guys a million bucks u won't be allowed as its not allowed by international regulations:)

I think there is a similar size constraint for size of baggages
adder said:
well my relatives get couple of suit cases that are the size of 32inch lcd box,so i don't think there will be an issue,the size of the 46inch box is about 3times the 32inch box.u can easily get 40inch size lcds.

Back