HELP: 6600 MMC card probelms.

FaH33m

Analog Vibes
Skilled
my friend has a nokia 6600 he had a 512 mb card..which started giving some problems ..like it works perfect in the phone/stores data,plays music/video files..etc etc..but as soon as he inserts it in a memory card reader the pc just hangs or..some times the card reader just doesnt recognize the card..

he has tried everything tht was possible liek formatiing the card etc etc..but nothing seems to work..

the only thing..is the phone detects.it and the card works perfect in da phone and in PC it cr8s problem using a card reader..and yes weve tried 2-3 different pc's and card readers too !so plzz guys try helpin me and my frnd..

also he was aking..if memory cards can be repaired...hardware/software part of the card...by some one for 100-150 bux...but i told..him tht i dnt think memory cards can be repaired or something..

another problem is..he has an old 128/64 mb ka memory card for the same phone and he has forgotten the password..and when tried using..it after arnd 4-5 mnths..he just couldnt remember the password..so when he inserts it in the 6600 the phone asks for password to access the memory card..

he cant even format..it..so does this mean tht the card has become useless.now..or is there some way out..can the service centre guys of nokia do something ??but my frnd doesnt trust them and says..they take almost months to return things given for repairs..:mad:

i knw..the above problems..are a bit..stupid..and look dumb but cant help..it ma frnd..is a bit like tht only:p so guys..plzzz help..me;)

try givin answers by 2day evening.

quick replies expected.

thanx..in advance

faheem_m said:
another problem is..he has an old 128/64 mb ka memory card for the same phone and he has forgotten the password..and when tried using..it after arnd 4-5 mnths..he just couldnt remember the password..so when he inserts it in the 6600 the phone asks for password to access the memory card..

he cant even format..it..so does this mean tht the card has become useless.now..

I dunno abt the first part of ur problem but for the password protected memory, the password of which u have forgotten.. u can try this.

For S60 1st and some of 2nd phones, such as Nokia 3650, Nokia 6600 and Nokia N-Gage, the password is stored in a plain text file.

* Firstly, you need to install FExplorer, a free file manager that allows us to browser through S60 file system.

* Next, launch FExplorer and then browser to c:\system folder. There is a file, called mmcstore.

* Send this file to your pc via irda or bluetooth and rename the file to mmcstore.txt and then open it. Your password must be several characters at the end of the file.

Abt the first part.. have u tried to c if the card is detected when u connect through bluetooth??

cmon...ppl some help ..please..any suggestions...put on u r thinking..cap and temme..specially the first problem...

thanx in advance

run card reader in USB 1.1 state. when i was using my card reader in USB 2.0 hubs.. i was getting same problem. when i used to enter mmc into my card reader it would just shut off the card reader. so trying USB 1.1 mode will be useful

nvidiabeast said:
run card reader in USB 1.1 state. when i was using my card reader in USB 2.0 hubs.. i was getting same problem. when i used to enter mmc into my card reader it would just shut off the card reader. so trying USB 1.1 mode will be useful

^^^how do i do this ???

any more..suggestions guys .....?

Back