Storage Solutions Help Any ideas if I can still save my HD?

Cruzz

Recruit
You can see the model in the pic.. I used HD Tune btw..

CMJxwCq.png

man the red speed really is dropping... but I can access my file (sometimes it hangs a bit).

yU7LRKE.png

Quick Error scan not sure if this is still fine but I can see alot of black blocks.. uhh..

FL61Dqe.png

and the normal error scan... gonna take a while to finish probably...

l6sh5uU.png

Its status? man I am so worried... can this external be saved? or it will die soon

and what is that next update? does the HD tries to reduces the error in itself?

oh shit.... ok gonna transfer files now to my laptop.. shit since I am here I will ask some questions

if I wanna play using a external HD any recommendation? and is external (non-portable) HD is much better than portable ones?

and thanks alot sir... well this HD has been with me for 5 years and sometimes I forgot that it is still plug-in my PC for like long hours is that bad if I left it plug in for long hours like 5-8 hours?

ok so far, I am transferring my files now.. another question how come it can paste files to my laptop easily from itself but it can't copy files from my laptop? :/ did I do something bad to encounter this problem?

Its status? man I am so worried... can this external be saved? or it will die soon...

Hey Cruzz, I'm assuming those are bad sectors, but you can still try one last resort. Download Sea Tools for Windows (Google for download link)and see if that works. Repair Usually takes time, depending on your system power, but it has fixed 2 of my hard drives. Works with any manufacturer drive, I'm pretty sure.

ohh guys, I bought a new USB 3.0 Cable for this External somehow it's speed in reading is back to normal. Hmm seems like I need to take note now of cable wires (maybe change it a year now). Thanks guys for the help and Thanks saumojit I will try it I am sure those bad sectors happened cuz of my faulty cable dam.

Please close now this thread, and thank you again for the info that I learned in here. I will also buy a new HD I guess next month based on the suggestion I found here :).

Back