HELP: Avermedia are thieves

Jaxx89

Disciple
1.) I order Avermedia AverTV Satellite Trinity A707 from Tirupati enterprise(Avermedia Auth Distributors in India). Promised to get it in a month.
2.) No response to whether my order is processed an I will be getting it even after 2 months. Tirupati decides to stop responding completely
3.) I place order with Avermedia Taiwan to import it.
4.) Product is faulty and I am told to submit it to distributor by Avermedia and Tirupati.
5.) After submission Tirupati decides not to accept the card saying its a direct import.
6.) They accept it and I get a replacement from Avermedia Taiwain.
7.) Product is still faulty.(Tested in 2 PC's running 64bit of Vista and 7)
8.) I ask for refund as the product is faulty and I do not want to deal with the incompetence and unprofessional bhaviour.
9.) Same unprofessional behavior exhibited by Avermedia Taiwain and they stop responding.
10.) Forced to contact Avermedia Seniors resulting in Avermedia Taiwan replying telling me refund not possible and asking me to choose another Avermedia product instead.
11.) After selecting another product they again stop responding forcing me to contact the seniors.
12.) They respond telling me to submit the card to my dealer and that a solution will be given on spot which isn't the case.
13.) I'm told I will be getting a refund and when I reply telling them to refund the whole amount or part of it which they think is proper, the person who is co-ordinating tells me that he has incurred an expense double the amount I have in just replying to my mails as he is on a Business trip and if he gives the refund it will take 1-2 months.
Please help me out as I do not know what am I supposed to do now.

All e-mail conversations can be provided.

Sue them.... as simple as that....

Mail them that you are going to consumer court and you have all evidence against them.... then wait for their reply.....

Punker do you know how much time that would take.

Going to a consumer court in India??

First to file my case it will take 2 months and another 3-4 months till the response

And I'm not sure if I can go to a consumer court in India as my dealing is with Avermedia Taiwan

Jaxx89 said:
And I'm not sure if I can go to a consumer court in India as my dealing is with Avermedia Taiwan

No, you cannot go to a consumer court in India since the local distributor has nothing to do with the product you purchased directly from Avermedia. I guess you are at their mercy.

hmmm.....

thot so

looks like I will have to wait for 2 stinking months to get my money back and that too just part of it

Jaxx89 said:
hmmm.....

thot so

looks like I will have to wait for 2 stinking months to get my money back and that too just part of it

1) Spread the word. post your case on all major AV forums. if somebody search for "Avermedia" in google, they would see your case in 3 or 4th search result.

2) Keep bugging them at regular intervals. Be polite but firm :)

I had a similar case against a UK/US based hosting company for not paying my dues. I did they same, it took two months but I was able to recover my money :)

WOW
Thanks a ton for the advice man this is gunna be really helpful.
Gaurish said:
1) Spread the word. post your case on all major AV forums. if somebody search for "Avermedia" in google, they would see your case in 3 or 4th search result.

I had a similar case against a UK/US based hosting company for not paying my dues. I did they same, it took two months but I was able to recover my money :)

Gaurish said:

ya man these kinda things actually work

check this

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. saw this video at brand equity conclave

Jaxx89 said:
the video isnt loading

page keeps refreshing

Here u go

Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YGc4zOqozo

The full story

Code:
[url]http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/blog/2009/jul/23/youtube-united-breaks-guitars-video[/url]

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Back