OC & Modding Help..! Broken pushpin

I just got a OCZ vanquisher and while installing the thing the damn pushpin from one corner of the HS got bent and broke off. The mounting is still pretty solid except that one edge lifts up slightly and the locking mechanism doesn't work. I'm getting OK temps so should i RMA the cooler ? or is there any other way out ? :huh:
I hate those pushpins , no matter how hard i try they get screwed somehow. :mad:

hmmmm....are you sure, they will accept the RMA???, remember you broke it coz of ur own fault, and unless their customer support is great, they wont change the cooler ......

Cant you remove one from your stock cooler and replace the broken one?

If it was me, I'd use some nuts, springs and a very long bolt :p

If you have the stock cooler, it's pushpins should fit the Vanquisher. You have to remove the locking pin and the pushpin should fall apart into two pieces. The pins on my stock HSF and Freezer Pro are identical and interchangeable.

Just replaced the broken pushpin from a spare intel cooler, no difference in temps though :ashamed: . The vanquisher's really a budget cooler, gives only a 4C drop as compared to my old asus crux p5m2 HSF. It's very silent though , can't even hear it on full RPM in a closed case.

^^ Yeah I have the same cooler ! Installed OK the first time. But when I got my new PSU, the damm pin became bent ! No matter what I tried it kept getting bent ! :(

My cabby is also small, so installing it is a darn pain ! I finally gave up and moved back to stock cooler. Maybe some day I overclock, I will try again to install it.

Back