Monitors Help : Buying LED monitor, budget 6k

^ thats because you quoting your post as well.

I can't wait becasue, my current CRT is showing signs, can't risk it. So i will buy within this week itself. I am think of getting it from LSB, but sadly there is no coupons available:(

wish u luck
<

Update: I got the monitor from Letsbuy.

One word : awesome
<

#harry_houdini, thanks mate its really awesome mate. BTW can you tell me your your brightness and contrast value ??

#harry_houdini, hey mate got another query. I tried to check its warranty status, but dell website is asking for some Service tag, i don't have anything such, instead i have serial no.

What to do??

#harry_houdini, hey mate got another query. I tried to check its warranty status, but dell website is asking for some Service tag, i don't have anything such, instead i have serial no.

What to do??

service tag is for laptops and dell branded desktops

monitors do not hve them

call dell up and register with ur serial number , they may ask for a copy of your bill so keep it scanned .

^ mate any email or phone for contact

Guys, here is a snap of my ABACUS

zxwjt3.jpg

when you switch on any full screen movie or something , is there a very thin line of black on the upper part and lower part ? .

I mean there is a movie that covers your screen and upper and lower part there is a thin black belt , I felt those are dead pixels but i might be wrong .

Dell monitors do have service tags. Just check the back side of the monitor where the connectors are located. Dell has service tags, no serial nos.

#harry_houdini, haven't seen anything like that, till now.

#djmykey, checked that mate, but sadly i can't find any service tag. there is only the serial no
<

#harry_houdini, haven't seen anything like that, till now.

#djmykey, checked that mate, but sadly i can't find any service tag. there is only the serial no
<

Your dell monitor is excellent. Is it a slim monitor?

How much heat it generates? Please touch the monitor after around 2 hours of usage and let me know. I only have a ceiling fan and want to buy a monitor which produces less heat.

I am also planning to buy a LED monitor and checking various brands.

Back