Help : C in 20 days !

Hi Friends ,
1st of all im very very sorry for for not using the search option but i feel this will be better....calling for all C experts to help me out. I have a C exam coming up in end of this month and I have very basic knowledge of C. :ashamed:
Besides I have a book with the name "LET US C" which is not letting me C to easily. :no:
If anyone here can advise a book OR a PDF/e-book to get me going it will be great. Pls. keep in mind the examination will be 'prometric' based.
Thanks to everyone in advance. Hoping for a good responce. :S :huh:

well i jus got that book from the library...lets see how my C learning goes :p but by whatever i managed to read up it seems a lot more simpler than most other books...

@all : in that case i need to sit back with the same book with a OPEN mind....im always used to E-LEARNING....so going the book way is a bit different......lemme start over ! hmmmmm

Let us C is a decent book. Try and get "Spirit of C" another brilliant book.

But dont just learn from a book. Download a compiler and "Practice" !!

Try the code examples from the book, or write your own.

20 days (4 hrs each day) is more than enough to become fairly proficient in C.

Here's a couple of links which should get you started.

.:: NOTEPAD++ ::.

TCC : Tiny C Compiler

IMHO K&R's is the only book one would need get a good hold on C. Its small (less than 200pages) and gives lot of basic things in a no nonsense way.

Couple it with lot of practice, and you will be all set.

good luck :)

K&R 'C' is a gem of a book for learning c but its meant for the advanced programmers(guys who already know C):p .
Get hold of any training institute c book.I had mice c book.It had excellent material for beginners.
Remember this , practising the examples wont get u anywhere .You must understand the concepts .Then u can tackle any question on any concept.
The idea is when u write the code ,ur mind should think like a c compiler .

There is VTC video tutorial on c on demonoid .It should help .

I would strongly suggest "not" to go for training institute books. I had done that and wasnt moving along for months till a friend of mine suggested K&R. A week with K&R, gcc and some hints on using gdb allowed me to think ahead on how the program will execute and could easily write code. Basically speaking, it changed the way I used to think for writing a piece of code. As Sandy said, It made me understand how it flows.

Practice shouldnt mean, just putting in the example code and executing them. I have learnt a lot by mistakes and attempts to fix them.

If you want a book even easier to understand then Let us C, I'd suggest C for dummies. It's an awesome book for both newbies and veterans alike. There's two volumes of it though and I was only able to get hold of one.

Back