Help choosing ISP in HYDERABAD.Airtel/Tata/Reliance??????

shady2pac

Adept
Sep 1, 2008
Hyderabad
Guys now that i had enuf with some of the fags at BSNL im looking to change the ISP to airtel/tata/reliance.......donno which offer best tariffs and customer service........afa the plans concerned im looking at UNLIMITED data transfer...

afa ive heard airtel offers good service and ive zeroed in on Home 1499 (Residential) plan UNLIMITED 512 Kbps connection.need ur feedback on that plan and suggestion if any.....please let ur valuable suggestion roll....im based in punjagutta, hyderabad.

I have checked tataindicom and reliance too. and tata has got 512kbps unlimited plan for Rs.1500 and Reliance have got 600 Kbps unlimited plan for Rs.1799.

Now suggest a good ISP guys........

Home1499-1.jpg

leo_club

Disciple
Oct 27, 2007
If you want reliable i would say Airtel
i am on 256kbps unlimited plan and its very stable and constant speeds, always above what i am paying for

very few downtimes for me and the longest downtime i have had till now(for the last 2 years) is around 45 mins(cuz i always keep the local airtel guy's number and call him for any kind of issue and it is almost always resolved within 15-20 mins)

Haven't felt the need to try anything else so not sure about tata and reliance though i think i have read that their service is not too good.

leo_club

Disciple
Oct 27, 2007
@gangulysaptak
799+98(tax) = 898 i think some guys are getting this for lesser price in some other areas (not sure)

@amazer
for torrents it stays between 34-36kbps if there are enough seeders
http speeds stay at 34 flat

mutant

Skilled
Jan 30, 2008
Kolkata, West Bengal
Its funny we still have such low speeds in india with our broadband :( , in states people dld at 10mbps from net and torrents....:S
PS:I get 10mbps download speed from RS from my college's net :bleh:

leo_club

Disciple
Oct 27, 2007
well... its sad actually but there is no point crying about how every other country is getting so much more than what we get here if you are not doing anything about it(not sure if anyone can lol)
it will come eventually i guess.

and ur college is paying(probably heavily) for the free 10mbps u get
if only it was used for something useful lol then again how many of us put any freebies we get to good use.

Tron05

Adept
Jun 3, 2008
^ Avoid Tata... they have the worst service.. atleast in my area..

Knew a guy having reliance..and he rarely used to face any problems..he was at banjara hills..

BTW guys on this forum have very positive views on airtel.. maybe u can check that out