Video [Help] Configuring Airtel STB with WinPVR IR Blaster

Now here is the update..

After deleting the files from EPG folder and tried to use the learning mode..i had sucess in making MCE recognise all 12 buttons(0-9 and ch up and down). But now is the interesting stuff...

When i change the channel using keyboard or MCE remote...the STB is only responding for '5'!!!

i.e. if i enter '520' or '205' or whatever number with 5 only '5' is entered in STB and if i enter '555', the channel changes to 555 perfectly!

Now this tells that..there is no problem with STB nor the placement of the blaster wire on STB..

Have you reversed the ir blaster? If not, why don't you try it. Maybe it works. Since you have done everything, this should also be attempted. You can use a clear tape to place the reversed blaster and then give it a shot.

actually i had done that reversing stuff starting itself...

but now since Number '5' is being recognised i dont find anything wrong with the attachment of IR blaster...

now only thing is to get other keys worked.But how? I did the whole learning process twice but only 5 worked :(

Also regarding audio quality, i have connected the audio out of STB to line in of my sound card..and there was a massive difference in sound quality...BUT as there is a delay in the video, audio and video are not in sync :(
@Sumi, u said u have connected the audio of STB to AV receiver, are u not facing any such sync problems?

And also how do i know if the input sound is mono or stereo?

Your STB not recognising other numbers other than 5 is nothing but due to the placement of the blaster. I have no doubt about it in my mind. Once you get the correct position, you will see for yourself that it works. I am posting a pic of my STB with the blaster on, see for yourself.

I have not connected the STB audio directly to the receiver. I have connected the line out from the computer to the receiver. The STB connects only to the pvr-150. Stereo or mono is determined by the broadcast. You can connect only the left or right audio cable to the STB to check the sound.

In the picture, you can see that using 2 STBs and on the top one, I had to stick the blaster with tape as I had the same problem as yours. In the bottom STB, I had to leave it hanging or it would not work.

You are correct abt that IR blaster placement thing dude...

Actually i forgot that the airtel STB has a IR indicator which glows whenever a button is pressed on the remote..

Now that is blinking if i move the blaster...but in some positions it is recognizing few numbers and in other positions other numbers...iam finding it difficult to get that correct..

Can u please help me in this last step...

It was the same issue for me but once i kept the blaster right below the IR receiver on the STB, it worked fine. Right, left or top, it will work weird...

And after that i have not moved it ever...:p

This last part is tricky dude! Atleast you now acknowledge that it was your blaster. What you need to do is to get to the screen when MCE checks for the correct changing of channels on the STB. It will ask you to change the channels using the MCE remotes channel up and down keys. I have mine set on Medium speed. You get it to change and see when it is sending the signal to the blaster (red LED will glow once for every digit, in case of TS, I set the first channel to 532 and proceed till 541), you need to set it in position. See what works for you. Once you get the position, set it and paste the blaster.

Iam coming bit closer to sucess now...

only problem now is...

Key '5' is registerd some 4 times while 6 is not registering at all...

So whats happening is, if i want to go to channel 305 and after i enter 305 on my MCE remote, the next thing that happens is.. STB's channel is changed to 305 and 555 as 5 is taken 4 times!

And if i enter 306, only 30 is entered on STB..

Man this is really PITA. I never had to struggle so much for setting any sw/hw up.... :(

Also what if i have to reinstall the OS? How can i save all this data?

Ur blaster's position is not proper. Place it as i had said earlier - right below the sensor. And once set up. U won't ever have any issues. Just 5 minutes of MCE setup. Dats all.

Even after setting it up, there would still be times when it would skip some numbers and u can't do anything about it.

Just change channels up and down and all will be fine again...:cool2:

PhotostarSR said:
Iam coming bit closer to sucess now...
only problem now is...
Key '5' is registerd some 4 times while 6 is not registering at all...

So whats happening is, if i want to go to channel 305 and after i enter 305 on my MCE remote, the next thing that happens is.. STB's channel is changed to 305 and 555 as 5 is taken 4 times!
And if i enter 306, only 30 is entered on STB..
Man this is really PITA. I never had to struggle so much for setting any sw/hw up.... :(

Also what if i have to reinstall the OS? How can i save all this data?

You can copy the cache folder which you deleted to save the settings. It will take care of the keymappings and EPG data including the channel mappings. Just ensure that when you are restoring, you will first need to stop the Windows Media Center Scheduler Service and the Windows Media Center Receiver Service and then copy to saved files and directories to the original location.

PhotostarSR said:
And i need to remap all the channel numbers aswell :(
Do it once and you can back it up for later use.

clown_abhi said:
Ur blaster's position is not proper. Place it as i had said earlier - right below the sensor. And once set up. U won't ever have any issues. Just 5 minutes of MCE setup. Dats all.

Even after setting it up, there would still be times when it would skip some numbers and u can't do anything about it.

Just change channels up and down and all will be fine again...:cool2:
Yes, there is this problem but what I noticed is that if I make the channel changing speed slow, this problem is more or less, eliminated. This problem generally happens with channels which have active services enabled on them on my Tata Sky STB.

Also is there any Sidebar/Desktop gadget for Media Center which allows me to access TV, Movies, Music from that gadget?

The default one present in Windows 7 is of no use..i have googled but did not find anything good..

Do u any any such gadget/widget..?

Hi,

I have Airtel STB, The IR Sensor on std is located on right side of the power indicator.

If you press airtel remote you will see red blink near to power indicator. Place your ir blaster there it will work.

Back