HELP:Copying Contacts From Microsoft Outlook To my Pendrive?

somebodystopme

Disciple
Sep 11, 2006
www.carpsyche.com
My V3i Syns contacts from my phone to either Microsoft outlook or Outlook Express. Now how do I export them to my Pendrive in most compatible format for Future when I change my Phone. I have gone Nuts trying cant find a Way.. Please help:S

bhaskarvyas001

Disciple
Mar 27, 2008
csv is ok with email but with mobile I doubt..
Not tried that yet... Will have to c if it can be done!!!
In outlook u can save an individual contact in vcf format by choosing save as but for bulk it doesnt work...
try lookin for 3rd party software that allows it..

Dec 24, 2007
Bangalore
you do get bulk export utility which can all the contacts in vcf format, but i guess that csv should be fine enough.

if you have backed up your outlook contacts to csv format then you should be able to restore it to outlook via file options.

SunnyBoi

Branch Manager
Staff member
Patron
Jan 31, 2005
Bangalore
Export it as .pst file.
Open your address book and see if contacts are tehre? If yes then export it to VCF from there.

SunnyBoi

Branch Manager
Staff member
Patron
Jan 31, 2005
Bangalore
I think you can open PST in address book.

so export in PST, in address book import it and export from address book as VCF.

Parix

Disciple
May 8, 2008
CSV i think is the universal format supported by most of the Email clients. VCF is for only a single contact.

You can also import your contacts form csv into your gmail account.

-Anish-

Skilled
Aug 2, 2006
if you have the contact in ur outlook, you have to search for a file extention called .PAB (personal address book) .. once you get that you can back that up