PC Peripherals Help: Corsair TX550M SMPS issue

pradi

Disciple
Hi All,

Assembled a PC with the COrsair TX550M SMPS and for some reason from today it isn't powering up when i connect it directly to the power socket. However with my rig connected to the UPS and the UPS connected to the power socket, if i switch off the power and it switches to the backup, the system starts. But if i were to shut down and try normal booting it doesn't work.

Hope I have been able to explain the issue but I am stuck as to what the problem really is. Is it with the SMPS or with some other component

Appreciate any and every help in this matter.

Check the mains outlet for:

1. Reversed Line and Neutral,

2. Reversed Earth and Neutral.

Is this happening on every plug point in the house, or only one specific outlet? Is the UPS functioning normally, indicating properly and charging fine?

Check the mains outlet for:

1. Reversed Line and Neutral,

2. Reversed Earth and Neutral.

Is this happening on every plug point in the house, or only one specific outlet? Is the UPS functioning normally, indicating properly and charging fine?

cranky

Not sure how to test what you suggested but I did try it at most plug points in my house. The only way the system now starts is if I have it connected to the UPS and then switch of the outlet to which the UPS is connected for a quick second. Its almost as if the RIG is unable to pull power from the Outlet and when the backup from UPS kicks in, its more of a push than a pull for the rig and it starts. (this ofcourse is an assumption based on what i am seeing). Any suggestions...do you think the issue can be attributed to the SMPS itself...as I dont see how any other part could factor in this case.

P.S: The UPS is functioning fine as I have connected my monitor and other devices to check that out from morning.

Thanks.

It's a very odd issue for sure. If the only malfunctioning component is the PSU then RMA it.

My only assumption is a miswired power connection to the PSU input which is keeping it in standby. The regenerated battery power is within safe limits and correct polarity, and then it goes into operating mode.

Let us know what turns up.

Back