OC & Modding Help CPU is frying!!

too much paste....lol.

jus take a small bit...like sangram suggested a 3mm sphere is more than enough...the thing spreads. apply on the surface with a film holdin in hand...the goodknight mat film comes in handy for this..;). wen u place the heatsink give it a twist so tht it makes perfect contact with the chip n paste.

The damn thing is too hard to spread. If I try to spread it in a thin film, holes and all come up. I read somewhere that it should suffice to just put a (3mm?) lump in middle and not spread it over but just put on the HS.

Anyways, I have had enough of this, can you guys please suggest a site to source paste and HS? I have come to think that paste might not be the only reason.

Deus Ex Machina said:
The damn thing is too hard to spread. If I try to spread it in a thin film, holes and all come up. I read somewhere that it should suffice to just put a (3mm?) lump in middle and not spread it over but just put on the HS.

Anyways, I have had enough of this, can you guys please suggest a site to source paste and HS? I have come to think that paste might not be the only reason.

ur location mentions ur in gurgaon during weekends..amarbir should be stocking good pastes.....check with him,:)

I got one that had Intel printed on it. It looked original too. It was in a thin syringe. And had that greyish look as my earlier(and sadly missed) TIM. Cost me 50/-

So I applied using method described on they instruction manual(yes there was a manual) and just squeezed it all out on the top of proc and out on the HS and presed hard. Temp is now const at 56 deg, with one browser open. I guess only thing that remains is a new HS + TIM. Dammit!

Deus Ex Machina said:
I got one that had Intel printed on it. It looked original too. It was in a thin syringe. And had that greyish look as my earlier(and sadly missed) TIM. Cost me 50/-
So I applied using method described on they instruction manual(yes there was a manual) and just squeezed it all out on the top of proc and out on the HS and presed hard. Temp is now const at 56 deg, with one browser open. I guess only thing that remains is a new HS + TIM. Dammit!

how much is that??..:S

I hate to break it to you, but you need a professional to do this for you. If you use it like ginger garlic paste, you are going to cook the processor.

WingZero said:
how much is that??..:S

I guess around same as everyone suggested earlier. Like that 3 mm(in dia?) sphere thing :)

sangram said:
All? The entire contents?

Yes it said so. I swear :(

The Sorcerer said:
OMG look at post #17. He did put the whole stuff!!! Did the instruction manual specifically say to put the whole stuff?

Arre post #17 was that earlier cheapo TIM. This one is new. Intel wala. Came in a real thin syringe only a part of which was filed with the material. And it said in manual(multilingual it was) that entire thing was to be squeezed out into the middle of proccy.

techie_007 said:
Aint that a lot? Mate, when they say a small drop, they mean a "small" drop :p NOT the whole syt\ringe :)

They said whole syringe.

God, I'm making such a fool of myself :eek:hyeah:

Deus Ex Machina said:
I guess around same as everyone suggested earlier. Like that 3 mm(in dia?) sphere thing :)

Yes it said so. I swear :(

Arre post #17 was that earlier cheapo TIM. This one is new. Intel wala. Came in a real thin syringe only a part of which was filed with the material. And it said in manual(multilingual it was) that entire thing was to be squeezed out into the middle of proccy.

They said whole syringe.

God, I'm making such a fool of myself :eek:hyeah:

Yes you are :p

Get another one of those, put a SMALL DROP. To hell with those instructions :bleh:

Deus Ex Machina said:

u sure??...tht whole syringe was jus having 2 rice grain sized paste in all??..:S
even 2 rice grain combined wud b more than 3mm diameter sphere.
now show closer pics wen u apply before u spread the paste..

The small grey part is the paste.

Okay, so I'll go back to this guy, pretend like I never came before:D and buy another one of those and this time put REAL SMALL amount of it.

This stuff had a metallic texture. So do you think I should spread it over or just press on the HS?

so much trouble over a 2-4 c temp drop.:|........go buy any HSF havier then ur current one and u'll see almost 10c drop!........irrespective of TIM.....almost!

Back