Audio help... damaged my M2

devesh38

Adept
Last week i was traveling from Mumbai to Bangalore in a bus. I had the earphones plugged in my phone which was in my jeans pocket and earphone in shirt pocket as i just boarded the bus. Then when I was trying get into my window seat the wire got entangled in the front seats arm rest. I didn't notice anything and continue to move towards my window seat. Then I felt a little pull from the shirt and pant pockets. But it was too late and my dear M2's wire got broken from 2 places. :(One near the plug and another near the right earphone. I was in shock for one hour about what just happened.:(

Advice me what should i do. The earphones are under warranty, but i suppose the physical damage to wire is not covered in the warranty. Is rewiring possible? Can it be done locally? Or should i send it to my dealer(pristine).

A new plug can be soldered. If the right earphone has some wire attached, then the repairs can also be done there. If there is no wire with the earphone, it is highly unlikely to use it.

Ask a local TV repair shop. If they can get it working for 100-200 Rs then get it done. It will look ugly though, as the wiring is very thin. They may also not sound similar after the repair job.

It is best to get a new one but if you can't then try the above option.

Also, if/when you dispose off the broken M2, please send them to me. I'll be happy to pay for shipping+expenses. I'd like to check the drivers and do some tinkering in free time.

^there is no wire left in the earphone. and plus the earphone piece is a single piece which doesnt seem like it can be opened without breaking.

Can it be sent to Brainwavz for rewiring.??does it have any service center in India??

I am ready to pay some money as long as repairing cost is less than Rs1000.

In most cases even with a single cut its very difficult to get the earphone working perfectly . You can always solder a new plug etc but it can end up looking really ugly . You could try taking it to your local mobile repair or TV repair guy and ask him if it can be done for 50-100 bucks .

Brainwavz doesn't have any service centers as such anywhere . Any RMA , has to be done through the official dealer/distributor but again such kind of physical damaged wont qualify for a replacement .

Maybe you could post some pictures so that we can give you better suggestions ?

Back