Help dealing with Airtel customer care.

ashr

Skilled
Hi,

On the 21st of this month, I got a call from Airtel Customer Care offering me 2mbps unlimited for 2499 a month. The 'Freedom 2499' plan. The guy told me that it was a one day offer and I had to respond immediately if I wanted to upgrade. I thought that was terrible of them to pressure customers like that but I still agreed to it as I wanted 2mbps but didn't want to pay 2999 for it.

The guy took down my upgrade request and told me that I would be upgraded within 5 days. As today's the 5th day, I gave them a call to check the status.

The lady who answered told me that they had made a confirmation call on the 23rd to to go through with the plan change. However, it turns out that they've called some random guy who is not related to me in anyway and this guy denied requesting any such upgrade. As a result, they canceled my request for a plan change.

I politely told the lady that there was no such person in my household and the number called by them was not known to any of us. Then Airtel's usual bullshit kicked in...

"We're sorry for the inconvenience caused to you sir but this is the number that is in our records. We made a confirmation call and the person who answered told us not to go through with the plan change. We have canceled the request"

I sighed and told her to take down a new request to change my plan and gave her all my contact numbers for double measure. At this point, she proceeds to say...

"Sorry sir, We do not have that plan right now. If you like, I will take down a request to migrate you to the 2999 plan."

This was when I got firm with her and clearly stated that it was not my fault in anyway that they called the wrong person. She told me to contact the "non-technical" department saying they would surely be able to help me.

The "non-technical" department was just another call center guy who went through the same routine before giving me the same answer. Finally, he told me to email the customer care with all my details, clearly stating the problem and how they had called the wrong person.

I did this as well. I even forwarded the "Freedom 2499" plan details that was sent to me on the 21st. I waited the day out but I haven't received a reply from them.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can handle this situation and find a speedy solution? In my past experiences with emailing them, I've had to wait days before anything was resolved. Can I escalate this to someone higher than the call center people?

For the record, I live in Chennai.

Thanks in advance.

Send the plan migration request to your circle's wecare eMail ID. you can take this from Customer Care... They will happily change the plan to 2499/- if its indeed available with AIRTEL....

Rest all is bullsh#t... Airtel customer care is actually a bunch of morons whose response is like a stuck tape recorder... they don't even know what current plans are available to a particular circle... screw them... :mad::mad:

Back