Help - Fujifilm Digital Camera pircure border gets CURVED?

Emperor

Skilled
Hello Friends,

I have Fujifilm FinePix AX200 Digital Camera, while taking all pics it's OK & catch the picture as it is (What I see is what I get) :)

But today while taking a picture of a BOOK (from very short distance) I found that it capture the image in CURVE shape, please check below pics carefully & you will find that ALL 4 side of books borders are less or more in curve shape :S

Even see the Border Of Table (Steel Border at top of book image) it also some what look CURVED?

Please check the FULL SIZE image HERE & Thumbnail below,

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Do I need to make some changes with Camera Setting so can avoid such CURVE issue.

Any help welcomes

This is what is called "barrel distortion". Most point and shoots have some amount of barrel distortion, though it is not so prominent as seen in your pic. You can easily fix this using PS, but it is a pain to do if all your images are so distorted. Not sure what exactly must be the problem, but you might need to visit the service centre.

Thanks logistopath,

At least I come to know about problem name "barrel distortion" any information how to fix it myself?

logistopath said:
This is what is called "barrel distortion". Most point and shoots have some amount of barrel distortion, though it is not so prominent as seen in your pic. You can easily fix this using PS, but it is a pain to do if all your images are so distorted. Not sure what exactly must be the problem, but you might need to visit the service centre.

Back