PC Peripherals Help guys ..... confused about RAM

Rahul

Skilled
i have around 10k to spend on 1 GB of ram ...... i want a ram that can run 2-2-2 timigs @ 200Mhz ........ and i can OC that to around 250Mhz .......

and very important thing it sud available here in india ........

i was about to take OCZ Gold VX from Masky but last moment i came to know that it needs 3.2v to run @ 200Mhz with 2-2-2 timings ....and my mobo can give a max of 2.85v

so guys wat u all say ....

Thanks

Rahul

There arent too many options you have here in India.
If you can find Corsair XMX PC 3200 Rev1.2 then get it. Its Samsung TCCD. And thats what you will need on that motherboard.
Its supposed to be available here but so far i have had no luck finding it in Mumbai.

Hi funkymonkey I had been searching you but found you here only check your private messenger (at this forum or at digit forum) to know the reason

Any ways nothing goes with A64 other than Samsung TCCD

ALL TCCD's BASED DIMMS ARE NOT LIKED BY A64 AS THEY ARE ALSO QUITE PICKY

Rahul I must not say say this u missed the Dimms which I think had winbond BH-5 chips which are better than even SAMSUNG TCCD as they post to lot higher speeds at very tight timings. only problem with BH-5 u will need a DDR voltage booster even to run at stock speeds

SCSI, check your PM.

But who told you only tccd goes with A64? Thats not true. Any DDR RAM will go with A64.
I am personally using Hynix D43. Have used Transcend with it. Have used Samsundg TCC4 and TCC5 without problems.
The TCCD speciality is low voltage operation.
And OCZ VX Gold is winbond UTT if i remember correctly.
DDR booster is not available in India and its also known to kill memory slots and its not compatiable with all motherboards.
BH-5 and Winbond UTT both need high coltages for overclocking thats only bad thing about them.

funkymonkey said:
SCSI, check your PM.

But who told you only tccd goes with A64? Thats not true. Any DDR RAM will go with A64.
I am personally using Hynix D43. Have used Transcend with it. Have used Samsundg TCC4 and TCC5 without problems.
The TCCD speciality is low voltage operation.
And OCZ VX Gold is winbond UTT if i remember correctly.
DDR booster is not available in India and its also known to kill memory slots and its not compatiable with all motherboards.
BH-5 and Winbond UTT both need high coltages for overclocking thats only bad thing about them.

I never said what you understood

I meant when u have overclocking in mind oreover its a proven fact A64 love to OC with TCCD and BH-5 and UTT (those UTT which OC at low latencies)

using a DDR Booster is basically modding a motherboard which in terms vioaltes warranty

TCCD is a thing from heaven as it OC at voltages of 2.8V which I think all mobos support.

Thats Vmoding or voltmodding.
DDR Booster is custom device that fits into 1 empty memory slot.
Its used to increase the voltages on motherboards that dont support high VDIMMs.

The problem with tccd is that only 1 chip officialy available here in India and that too hard to find. (COrsair XMS - PC3200XL Rev1.1 and 1.2, both are tccd but 1.2 revision is brainpower PCB )
Same goes with Winbond UTT and BH-5 which are non exsistant in local market.

By the way if i remember correctly you ordered your stuff from some korean website right?
Mind sharing link with us? :)

rahul3111 said:
i have around 10k to spend on 1 GB of ram ...... i want a ram that can run 2-2-2 timigs @ 200Mhz ........ and i can OC that to around 250Mhz .......

and very important thing it sud available here in india ........

i was about to take OCZ Gold VX from Masky but last moment i came to know that it needs 3.2v to run @ 200Mhz with 2-2-2 timings ....and my mobo can give a max of 2.85v

so guys wat u all say ....

Thanks
Rahul
1] i have around 10k to spend on 1 GB of ram ...... i want a ram that can run 2-2-2 timigs @ 200Mhz ........ and i can OC that to around 250Mhz .......

and very important thing it sud available here in india --------> Local Newegg branch is just behind my house, so i will go and check out today tself and let you know. :p
Come one man such rams are not available in India.Only Corsair is i guess.
Althogh Twinmos has entered India,if you find the right modules, you might be lucky to lay your hands on BH-5.Although Voltage will still be a problem. ;)

I would recommend you to find some genuine Hynix D43 on Brainpower PCB and use it.Will cost you approx 4.5k max
This ram will do 250 @ 3-4-4-8.
Believe me, timings dont make a gigantic difference for A64.Thats from my personal experience.

Ditto.
And if you want twinmos then its available.
Its rated upto 250Mhz i.e. DDR500 so you are guaranteed that speeds.
The pricing is unknown but it was suppose to be around 6K. I will check and post here.

But darky i doubt even D43 will do 250 at just 2.85.
All chips i have gone throught needed in 2.9 or 2.95v for that speed.

funkymonkey said:

Yeah i know.But Rahul wont mind running it at 240 using 2.8V @ 3-4-4-8 @ 1T,isnt it ?
Anyways another option is, you can run the D43 @ 2.5-3-3-7 @ 230 MHz @ 1T ,which is supposedly a generalised timing for all Cheapo PC3200 modules :p

heh, did you read that?
It precisely show that timings matter less.
Be it 2T or 1T. The ram speeds is what matters most in the end.
And for A64 its the CPU speed that is the key.

Bang on !
In case of A64, its the CPU Speed that matters the most,even if you use dividers, it doesnt hurt a lot but cranking the clock speed makes work of a difference than tweaking the RAM.

funkymonkey said:
heh, did you read that?
It precisely show that timings matter less.
Be it 2T or 1T. The ram speeds is what matters most in the end.
And for A64 its the CPU speed that is the key.
CPU speed the key? Uhuh. My bad. Yep, CPU speed matters. Doesn't that mean the HTT speed in A64's case?

HTT alone dosent determine the speed.
HTTxMultiplier gives you the CPU speed. That means the actiual Mhz at which your CPU is running.
Thats what matters most with A64. Pure Mhz game.
Take a look at my own example. I was running @2.5Ghz and memory at 230Mhz 2-3-3-7 timings.
Now i am running at 2.72Ghz, memory at 210Mhz 2.5-3-3-8.
And now i am geting much better performance out of my system.
I have the highest score for 6600GT system here in GFX benchmarks where CPU speeds matters least and still it gave me nice jump.
My CSS stress test is benching 10FPS better. My PCmark score is up too.

What matters the most for memory is the actual memory speed.

Finetunning the memory latencies (meaning the lowest possible timmings) will yield another jump of 6% to 8% in the memory performance at that same speed.

thanks u guys for all valuable inputs ......can someone tell me the price of corsair rev 1.1 and 1.2 as mentioned above .......actaully i want some good memory that i can also use in my future 939 rig ......

rahul3111 posted 3.07 minutes later:

Darklord said:
1] i have around 10k to spend on 1 GB of ram ...... i want a ram that can run 2-2-2 timigs @ 200Mhz ........ and i can OC that to around 250Mhz .......

and very important thing it sud available here in india --------> Local Newegg branch is just behind my house, so i will go and check out today tself and let you know. :p

Come one man such rams are not available in India.Only Corsair is i guess.

Althogh Twinmos has entered India,if you find the right modules, you might be lucky to lay your hands on BH-5.Although Voltage will still be a problem. ;)

I would recommend you to find some genuine Hynix D43 on Brainpower PCB and use it.Will cost you approx 4.5k max

This ram will do 250 @ 3-4-4-8.

Believe me, timings dont make a gigantic difference for A64.Thats from my personal experience.

hi darky ...... i have the KVR and it also does 250 with 3-4-4-8 timimgs ....... so i need something better :) ....... so wat u guys say ...... anyways normally i willl be running my comp @ stock so i need ram which can run @ very low latency at 200Mhz ......

rahul3111 posted 1.52 minutes later:

funkymonkey said:
Ditto.

And if you want twinmos then its available.

Its rated upto 250Mhz i.e. DDR500 so you are guaranteed that speeds.

The pricing is unknown but it was suppose to be around 6K. I will check and post here.

twinmos 1 Gb i am getting around for 4.8k ...... it is having BH-5 chips right ...

Avoid corsair .....
Not all twinmos have BH-5 .... so you better check the last 4 digits on the sticker of the twinmos ram module before purchasing .
What latencies you want to run @ 200 mhz .??

2-2-2-5 or better .....:eek:hyeah:

Get the part no of that twinmos.
The basic version dosent have BH-5. So be careful. Ask for part no and google it.
Also KVR uses the Hynix chips only( some are remarked and some kept as it is) so i am not surprised it has reached 250Mhz.

Back