[Help] HDFC Bank Credit Card Query

Hello Friends

Need some help regarding HDFC Bank Credit Card! Already got a Savings account there with decent amount in it

Someday back I talked to an Employee in HDFC Bank's Credit Card Department (Bhopal) and said I am SELF EMPLOYED & want a Credit Card for myself

He said: If you FIXED Deposit minimum 25K, than you will get a Credit Card having 75% of the FD Amount as your Limit i.e. 18,750 INR

I asked what will be the limit/rule, if I purchase products Online under EMI. He said, EMI purchase Limit will be 5% of your alloted Credit Card Limit i.e. 5% of 18750 = 937.50 INR !!!!!

So, is he giving Accurate Information? I am doubtful about the EMI thing! Only 5%????? - Everytime they say the same thing

NOW, after someday, the same person called me and said: You are depositing 10K-15K every month (sometimes more!), so you are eligible for a Credit Card, all you need is a Landline Number - I asked what will be the CC Limit and EMI Limit and he said, Come to Bank and you will get all information here.

Any current credit card holder of HDFC Bank can help me with this. What option I must take, as I need to pay fees in USD on monthly basis and will occasionally buy products from eBay India under EMI

Thanks and Regards :)

P.S. HDFC Banks Virtual Credit Card sometimes won't work with some sites like PayPal etc.

Usually its like 10% or so of ur available credit limit should be left to take an emi.

So if ur card for 20k as the limit. You can take emi of upto 18000.

^

Why dont you go to a HDFC branch and talk personally to the officer/s there regarding your queries? It will be better than asking online in forums for help. HDFC bank will issue a credit card to you definitely. Just talk to them personally and you will get a card fast enough.

:)

simforgotten said:
^

Why dont you go to a HDFC branch and talk personally to the officer/s there regarding your queries? It will be better than asking online in forums for help. HDFC bank will issue a credit card to you definitely. Just talk to them personally and you will get a card fast enough.

Everytime they are giving the same information. And I asked above query using Contact Form in their Net Banking, they said we'll call you and I am still getting their Call :) - The only option left is their phone banking support, whose PIN I lost unfortunately :(

So though of asking here :) Thanks :)

^

Please have a visit to the nearest branch and have a talk. Physical existence of a customer is always more important than conversation over phone/online. Talk to them and I am quite sure you will come to know everything you need to know.

Take an offer which they offer you as per your deposits and usage, negotiate with them for credit limit as you have good balance.

as far as i know they dont give emi to new card holders so please verify incase your going for the card with sole purpose of emi

Emperor said:
Do not go for card against FD but normal account.
yea agree its better to get card when they are giving u without any fd or deposit else it just too low limit which is basically of no use

I've an HDFC Bank Gold Card with Limit of 50k. But I do not have any limit for EMI (5% of 50k is 2.5k)...... Max I purchased under EMI was 4.5k & converted to EMI... Maybe 'coz I am using it since the last seven years... Way back in 2004 I was having a Savings A/c with them & they offered me a card without any fuss... I guess they were offering Credit Cards to everyone back then... :rofl:

Anyway I later closed down the a/c but kept the card. Now I only am a customer of HDFC Credit Card without any bank a/c.. :)

Even my advice is not to get CC against fixed deposit. Try to get it under normal circumstances & once you have a good credit history I suggest you close down other a/c's while keeping just the Credit Card... Its my personal policy that you should not have credit card form the same bank you have the savings a/c or deposit...

Why don't you try ICICI or other options... If you had taken any loan from any institution & are paying them on time then you might have a good credit score & would be accepted by most banks for Credit Card....

I also have a credit card of HDFC bank, they gave the card for my 3 year old bank account at previous office. I never diposited a single rupee in that account and still they issued the credit card to me agaist that existing account, lol. I never knew about credit limits to avail an EMI purchase because I frequently purchase goods from ebay.in using EMI option. My lasy buy was Samsung Galaxy S worth Rs 21490/-. I chose 3 months EMI for the payment and I was able to complete the transaction.

simforgotten said:
I also have a credit card of HDFC bank, they gave the card for my 3 year old bank account at previous office. I never diposited a single rupee in that account and still they issued the credit card to me agaist that existing account, lol. I never knew about credit limits to avail an EMI purchase because I frequently purchase goods from ebay.in using EMI option. My lasy buy was Samsung Galaxy S worth Rs 21490/-. I chose 3 months EMI for the payment and I was able to complete the transaction.

what ur talking about is offer emi of 3 to 6 emi with merchent. I am talking about say u did shopping for 30000 and u call bank to convert it to emi they will say no in case u get ur card on basis of fd or bank account

Is Thread Starter asking of EMI offered by merchant at the time of shopping or asking bank to convert it in EMI after shopping?

I have been using my HDFC credit card for 3 months now --for a new card holder the vendor/merchant can convert a purchase to EMIs. I have purchased a couple of things and had the vendor convert the amount to EMIs. You can claim EMIs directly from the bank on your credit card transactions after a period of 3 months or 3 billing cycles.

I have had no issues with Paypal regarding my purchases online.

delguy19 said:
what ur talking about is offer emi of 3 to 6 emi with merchent. I am talking about say u did shopping for 30000 and u call bank to convert it to emi they will say no in case u get ur card on basis of fd or bank account
I havent asked for EMI from bank yet, so cant say about that. BTW, OP can easily buy goods from ebay.in using ebay EMI. Its hassle free and also without any interest for upto 3 months. Most of the goods are available in ebay and its also totally secure.

And yah, if OP wants EMI from bank, he better talk to the bank reps personally by visiting the branch.

Back