Help: How to ship a CPU

fash_1

Disciple
I have an old PC in perfect working condition, which my cousin wants for college stuff as it is lying in my home unused. I have managed to send the monitor through my parents who visited his place a month ago, but could not send the CPU as i had to take a backup of a few things i had in my HDD.

Now, I was wondering what would be a safe way to send it to him. I asked around a few courier services, but they do not want to take it. His place is around 300 kms from my town. I am worried about my HDD and the proxy fan as it is missing a leg!

Try GATI. They have shipped quite a few computers for my friends in IIT chennai and in my own college too. I guess they take a week or so. Try bargaining a bit too. They charge upto 12-13 bucks a KG plus their basic fees for packages. I guess the CPU wont be beyond 10-20 KGS of weight in which case they should charge approx 500-600 bucks. again this is my approximation as per old rates. do call them up. get a local number from their website

Thanks motorheadinc, I will try GATI. But is there any other alternate option something that might work out cheaper than that?

a lot of transport companies also do it for a cheaper cost. :p

but for that you will have to pack it really very well ..totally pot-hole proof.

also your brother will have to collect it from the transport companies office.

not worth the hassles in my opinion .. keep it as a last option if GATI doesnt accept it or overcharges.

address it as Tower,base unit
cpu means the actual processor as well

Use DTDC, go to the nearest DTDC office (not franchise), use surface mode to send, should work out cheaper

Back