Help in iphone 4G

seenuguddu

Disciple
Hi Guys,

one of my friend bought the iphone 4G(Not iphone 4 S) from US,i am planning to opt the mobile before going to that i just need some help from you guys.

few questions in this

1) can i unlock the iPhone 4g?

2) if i unlock what will be the problems?

3) what will be the Pros and Cons?

please share the information the issues which you have faced when unlocking the phone 4G.

Thanks in advance

Hey Seenu,

It all depends on the baseband (modem firmware) of the phone.

If it's 4.11.08, there's no solution available as of now to unlock it, unfortunately.

So, if not already activated, connect the phone to itunes with AT&T SIM inserted in the phone, so that it gets activated (you see icons appearing on the screen), and then check the value written against the following:

Settings > General > About > Modem Firmware and then

1. if it's 1.59.xx (though highly unlikely), you're extremely lucky, and can jailbreak it and unlock it using ultrasn0w
<
<

2. if it's lower than 4.11.08 (good possibility), you're in luck need to buy a Gevey SIM and unlock it using that
<

3. if it's 4.11.08 (highly likely), you're out of luck, nothing that you can do to see the GSM signal on the phone
<

Cheers

@dealwise

its very helpful, Thanks for the information.

if he doesn't have the AT&T SIM then is there any other option which we can check the Modem Firmware..?

@dealwise

its very helpful, Thanks for the information.

if he doesn't have the AT&T SIM then is there any other option which we can check the Modem Firmware..?

You're welcome !!
W/o the AT&T SIM, you can run latest version of redsn0w on it, which will hacktivate it (means, you'll be able to see the icons and go to settings to check the baseband version.)

Or you can download f0recast and run it to see the details of the phone in f0recast window

Back