Audio Help in placement of Logitech X-540 5.1 in the room.

vishal2055

Disciple
Hello friends,
I had recently purchased a Logitech X-540 5.1 speakers which I using with my pc.

PC config:
Gigabyte g31-es2l motherboard onboard audio
E5200 processor.

My room is 4.5m X 3.5m
Monitor is placed at the center of shorter wall.Can someone please guide me as to what height and distance should I place the speakers for good performance.Usage for movies + music.Also the rear speaker wires are seriously short.How can I increase the length of the wires.Can i buy and make a DIY small cable with those tiny shielded mono cables we get in the market?

Kindly guide.

you can increase the cable length with extension cables available on the market.
129024.jpg

5.1 Channel Speaker Placement

Front Center Channel Speaker: Place the Front Center Channel Speaker directly in front of the listening area, either above or below the television, video display, or projection screen.

Subwoofer: Place the Subwoofer to the left or right of the television.

Left and Right Main/Front Speakers: Place the Left and Right Main/Front speakers equidistant from the Front Center Channel speaker, about a 30 degree angle from the center channel.

Left and Right Surround Speakers: Place the Left and Right Surround Speakers to the left and right side, just to the side or slightly behind the listening position - about 90-110 degrees from the center channel. These speakers can be elevated above the listener.

Back