help long load times

targetblimp

Disciple
hey guys my pc is taking really long to install aand uninstall. it took approx. 30 mins to uninstall quake 4 and sometimes the installer itself crashes.

help me out will ya?

it could be due to a lot of things man...firstly post ur computer specs...and the last time you checked it for viruses and defragmented it...

computer specs- amd x2 3600+, 2 gb ram, 8800 gts 320 mb, 160 gb HDD, win xp.

recently did a scan. no viruses were found.

as for a defrag, tried it but still no improvement.

check if dma is enabled for ur hdd..if it is running in pio mode that explains the slow performance..also try checking the cables for ur hdd and also reseating the ram again...

Need more details. From when has the problem started. or has it always been like this. When was the last time you did a clean install of XP. Which antivirus do you use?

targetblimp said:
how do i do it?

goto device manager

IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers

Primary IDE channel

Advanced Settings

DMA if available

Also if the above doesnt work set ur bios to either optimal or default settings

tried everything but still not working, even looked up on the net and found something about hacking your registry using regedit but the problem is that whenever i run regedit or msconfig a notepad file opens with some jibberish in it.:mad:

problems been there for a while now but i chose to ignore it. i thought it was because of my processor. but now even installshield wizard has started failing.
anyways is there any way that installshield can get corrupt and how can it be corrected? might thought give it a try.

Which Antivirus do you used?

Get Kaspersky Internet Security 7, if trail is available, else nod32 30 days free version is there use it.

For spyware/Trojan - Lavasoft Ad-aware 2007.

I can recommends this as use it and found very helpful.

HTH :)

currently using avg antivirus. know what i had been thinking of formating my comp, thought of getting vista. oh well i might just go ahead with vista if i need a format.

^^ Big NO NO for AVG.

Try kaspersky may make your PC slow but be sure it will Make your PC Clean from all possible virus & trojans.

Back