Help making a website

Mastablasta

Disciple
What is the best source code for a forum? PHP? .net? xhtml? I am trying to find a place I can get a good source code for a forum. It needs to be secure so people cant break into the site easy, and it needs to be completely modable or changeable on all the features and graphics. Can anyone point me to where I should be looking to find a program or code to make a nice web forum? I'd like to make a site based around music with lots of different sections of music, and music creation. I have experience with CSS, Graphics, XHTML, and Flash. I would love to incorporate all those things into the site.

I suggest you start with PHPbb and modify the source according to your needs. Try googling it, I think you can find the source on sourceforge.

ok... You want to start a forum.. I would say PHP is best for it... About Source Code for forum... If you are willing to pay for Script, then no doubt.. Go for vBulletin same as TE.. You will get tons of Mods, Security Mods for it..

If you are finding good Script, that too free... PhpBB ftw... It has huge database of Mods, Templates, Hacks for it... Also it have impressive Security against hacking and that too free of cost...

I just told ya best in Payable and Free Scripts.. There are lots of more Forum Scripts.. Google is always ready to help ya...

See

phpBB Feature list - phpBB • Features

vBulletin Feature list - vBulletin® - Features

^^ Yeap, I was reading there Community Topics and Threads.. I found that, It is still not perfect for using as permanent script.. They still have to do lots of modifications for coming in queue of phpBB, vB etc...

Oh cmon whatever some or the other claims.

Only noobs would say one script is faster than the other. All scripts need custom modifications as corresponding to the server.

Some may use Apache 2.2.9 other may use Lighttpd. Php with xCache or eAccelerator .

It totally depends how you want to make things and its always better to use most popular bulletin board scripts like these 3 vBulletin..phpbb..IPB ..

Buy vBulletin original license and sign up with vbulletin.org .. If you know what you're making and for the fact interested in doing and earning something out of it..Go ahead thats the way.

One can contact me if need finances and investments.

-Raghav

coolraghav said:
Oh cmon whatever some or the other claims.

Only noobs would say one script is faster than the other. All scripts need custom modifications as corresponding to the server.

Some may use Apache 2.2.9 other may use Lighttpd. Php with xCache or eAccelerator .

It totally depends how you want to make things and its always better to use most popular bulletin board scripts like these 3 vBulletin..phpbb..IPB ..

Buy vBulletin original license and sign up with vbulletin.org .. If you know what you're making and for the fact interested in doing and earning something out of it..Go ahead thats the way.

One can contact me if need finances and investments.

-Raghav

if you need to make modifications.... then definitely the script is slow. Very few actually need modification to adjust on the server. Unless you are running a mini gaia online.

It depends on caching, database size etc. Every script has target audience. For example mysource matrix may look like a slow script to begin with, but delivers better where most scripts will slow down and break.

Back