Budget 90k+ Help me build a High End PC {125k}

innoveti

Disciple
Hi,

Looking to save my Lenovo T400 a bit which served me 3 1/2 yrs even after having a major operation in motherboard and non functioning switchable graphics.

So need to build a Quality & robust PC for my work (and entertainment needs) and would like get help/suggestions from experts here.

Q: What is your budget?
125k (10-15% more if really needed)

Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
Lenovo T400 Laptop and a E7200 - 2GB - integrated graphics MB custom built computer which is not so powerful, so i intend to use it for downloading my work related stuff.

Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
May be nothing

Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.

Processor:
Intel Core i7 3770k or non-k version (Mainly considering thisfor multi-tasking, suggest me any better).
Monitor:
Dell U2412M 24" (need price of Dell U2713HM) mainly looking for higher resolution displays as my work involves a lot of comparison
Wall mounting / height, tilt and horizontal/vertical adjustment would be an added advantage
RAM:
G.skill 2x8GB DDR3 (but not yet decided on Frequency 1600/1866/2133/2400 MHz)
HDD:
Looking for 1 or 2 TB raid configuration (which is better b/w segate & wd and type)
SSD:
120GB or higher (choose Crucial or OCZ and which type)
Graphics Card:
Need Suggestions, have no idea about this (into little or no gaming for now BUT might soon addon to my hobbies soon)
Sapphire AMD/ATI HD 7950 3GB GDDR5 With Boost 3 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card (suggestion by a friend)
Motherboard:
ASRock Z77 Extreme4 Motherboard (suggestion by a friend, A better one keeping in mind the above config)
Cabinet:
Need suggestions (should keep the temp down even on 24x7 operation also considering an AC into my room)
CPU Cooler:
DO i need one? if yes suggest me a good one.
PSU:
Have no idea

And do we have any touchpad built-in keyboard. If not a Good Wireless Keyboard and Mouse.

Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
Might get more RAM from USA

Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
Online if prices are reasonable or local market {HYD} (have inquired about few parts but 50% of the things i asked were not with them and its a bit hard to get the higher frequency RAM here)

Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
No

Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
Multitasking (Multiple os, web development, coding, debugging, deploying, internet surfing, etc..)
Graphic Designing (Photoshop etc)
Might do Video conversion in near future

Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
Will go with Intel, Asus and not AMD as i think its not suitable for our climate (my first pc was AMD and it used to restart many times in summer)

Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
Might soon add here

Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
1920/+ (to save time as i do a lot of code comparison)

Q: Are you looking to overclock?
Can't say but may be if needed for better performance

Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
64 bit / Windows 7 / Win 8 / Linux-Ubuntu (others in virtual mode)

Thanks a lot for your time and suggestions in advance

@innoveti it will be better, if you can provide us a list of games that you might want to play.

But this is what I suggest --

Intel Cre i7 3770 ~18000/-
ASUS P8H77-V ~10000/-
Corsair / G.Skill 8GB x2 1600MHz ~6000/- (if you want you can go for ~1866MHz RAM as well but anything higher is wasted)
Crucial M4 256GB SSD ~14000/- (from onlyssd.com)
Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 OR Western Digital Black edition 1TB ~4000/- ~5500/- (per hard-drive)
Sapphire HD7950 3GB OR GIGABYTE / MSi GTX670 2GB ~27000/-
Corsair Carbide 400R ~5000/-
Corsair TX v2650W ~5800/-
DeLL U2312M ~15000/- OR U2412M ~21000/-
APC BR1100VA-IN ~4800/- (contact APC India and ask them from where you can source this)
LOGITECH G400 ~1500/-
TVS Gold Mechanical keyboard ~1200/- -->1500/- (depending on connector type)
[audio peripherals are at your discretion]

Above is a non-over clocking build but if you want one which is capable, get this --
Intel Core i7 3770k ~20000/- + Cooler Master V6GT ~3500/-
GIGABYTE-Z77X-D3H ~13000/-
[rest same as earlier configuration]

Hope this helps and welcome to Techenclave and wish you a pleasant stay here.

P.S. -- Even I bought my current PC from CTC. =]

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your suggestion

i think i will go with

Intel Core i7 3770k (better to have oc option)
ASUS P8Z77-V PRO (~17k)
and 16GB 1600MHz ram

so would the power supply suffice, and do i need a cooler... if yes which one for the above?

and looking to get Logitech k400 touch keyboard

also i don't or plan to game now (so might get the gpu later when needed)

Corsair TX650V2 will suffice for the above rig or when you add GPU later,The cooler is necessary cause you'll be overclocking.For cooler go with CM V6GT-3.5k OR Thermalright Silver Arrow-3.8k
For keyboard you'd go with TVS Gold keyboard-1.6k OR Microsoft Siderwinder X4-2k[Non Mechanical]

i think i will go with

ASUS P8Z77-V PRO (~17k)
and 16GB 1600MHz ram

so would the power supply suffice, and do i need a cooler... if yes which one for the above?

i think i will go with

ASUS P8Z77-V PRO (~17k)
and 16GB 1600MHz ram

Go for this --

Intel Core i7 3770k
GIGABYTE-Z77X-UD3H ~13000/-
[rest up-to you]

For a CPU Cooler, look at the Cooler Master V6GT.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

Also kindly suggest me a MB with inbuilt WIFI (for non-clock and clocking one) as i want to connect my external devices and also share the internet connection through this PC as i want to have a (backup internet connection), if incase my current one has any problem. and dont want to remove one and replace with other everytime

Also kindly suggest me a MB with inbuilt WIFI (for non-clock and clocking one) as i want to connect my external devices and also share the internet connection through this PC as i want to have a (backup internet connection), if incase my current one has any problem. and dont want to remove one and replace with other everytime

Mate, go for the Asus Z77- Vpro......i have bought it and its a better bet over Gigabyte UD5H wifi...

Mate, go for the Asus Z77- Vpro......i have bought it and its a better bet over Gigabyte UD5H wifi...

How?

If you go for the GIGABYTE-Z77X-UD3H you save ~3500/- over the ASUS motherboards which you can use to get a router to 'share' the internet. And you can connect the PC with a wire OR wireless connection by default.

How are you going to use the onboard-Wi-Fi to distribute internet, you still need an active connection all you get with the motherboard is a pair of antennas to act as a Wi-Fi hotspot.

Thanks Alpha, Jakob and others

This should be my final config, might get it in a week or two.

Intel Core i7 3770k ~ 21,000/-
GIGABYTE-Z77X-UD3H ~13,500/-
Cooler Master V6GT ~3,500/-
G.Skill 8GB x2 1600MHz ~6500/-
Crucial M4 256GB SSD ~14,000/-
Western Digital Black edition 1TB X2 ~11,000/-
Sapphire HD7950 3GB ~24,000/-
Corsair Carbide 400R ~5,000/-
Corsair TX v2 650W ~6,000/-
DeLL U2412M ~21,000/-
APC BR1100VA-IN ~5,000/-

Total ~ 130k.

Any more good suggestions are appreciated. Thank You Again

y u no sound and speakers?

if you use pc for more than 10hours a day including work and you dont want wrist pains, I suggest you go for a good mouse, like g400.

are you planning for sli in future?

do you really need WD black edition 1TBX2?

y u no sound and speakers?

I have a 4.1 sound system now and will use it

if you use pc for more than 10hours a day including work and you dont want wrist pains, I suggest you go for a good mouse, like g400.

Thinking to go with Logitech K400 Wireless Touch Keyboard as i am used to TOUCHPAD from last few yrs (makes it easy when i use laptop)

I don't even know what it is for?

do you really need WD black edition 1TBX2?

i didn't get you. I am basically looking to RAID it to save my work and my office backups

Depends on your grip-type although for long durations the Palm-grip is the most comfortable way to hold the mouse. More on mouse grip styles --> http://www.razerzone.com/mouseguide/ergonomic.

Most Z77 chipset solutions have an SLi / CrossFire solution built in, whether you want it OR no. Also OP has an AMD card hence no chance of SLi.

Sapphire HD7950 3GB ~24,000/-

This graphic card to be particular --> Sapphire AMD/ATI HD 7950 3GB GDDR5 With Boost 3 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card - Sapphire: Flipkart.com.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

Mate, the UD5 password needs to be input every time you restart your PC in ap mode....seems to be an issue with the wifi software provided with the board...not patch released yet...

And I have heard complaints that the ASUS P8Z77-V PRO has detection issues with independent routers that are not plugged into the system.

Back