Help Me build a workhorse for 60-75k

laugh

Disciple
Q: What is your budget?

60-75K

Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)

dell Latituded520
Samsung p2350

Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)

samsung p2350
Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.

CPU - i7930
Motherboard - ?
GPU -
Cabinet- ?
Psu- ?

Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component

Will keep it as it is for few years.

Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)

Mumbai/online

Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market

No

Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware

Multitasking
Running CPU hungry Programs
Movies

Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.

no

Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?

Non-Gamer

Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage

1920*1080. I will be running a two monitor setup. Have one samsung p2350. Will get one more.

Q: Are you looking to overclock?

No

Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?

Windows 7 64 bit, xp

techno_guy said:
check it
http://www.techenclave.com/pc-buyin...an-technology-community-pc-buying-169928.html
if you want to do any changes in that config then take advice of forum members
Techno guy. I believe no configurations fits my needs. My needs are as below

2.I am going for a dual monitor setup (I already have one samsung2350 and I am looking to buy another one).

2. I am not sure whether its possible but I am looking to go for raid 1 with a lower capacity HDD for the seondary HDD.

Alternatively I can go for SSD for OS and Apps and use the normal HDD to store media files and use it as raid. (I am not sure whether it's possible)

3. I don't game and I don't use photoshop or CAD. So a graphic card which supports DUAL monitor setup will suffice.

4. Desktop will be running 24*7 and there will be no air conditioning.

5. I don't need fancy cabinets, something which goes well with the overall desktop will do.

laugh said:
Techno guy. I believe no configurations fits my needs. My needs are as below

2.I am going for a dual monitor setup (I already have one samsung2350 and I am looking to buy another one).

2. I am not sure whether its possible but I am looking to go for raid 1 with a lower capacity HDD for the seondary HDD.

Alternatively I can go for SSD for OS and Apps and use the normal HDD to store media files and use it as raid. (I am not sure whether it's possible)

3. I don't game and I don't use photoshop or CAD. So a graphic card which supports DUAL monitor setup will suffice.

4. Desktop will be running 24*7 and there will be no air conditioning.

5. I don't need fancy cabinets, something which goes well with the overall desktop will do.
Ok Bru you were the one who asked for suggestion, he gives you a response and you Zerg him huh ok for your config

Core i7 930

Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD9

Corsair, G Skill, Kingston, ( any respectable brand of your discretion ) - 12 GB kit

ATi Radeon Hd 5470

for RAID it is recommended you don't get the hard disks of different capacities

Starting price of any Solid State Drive is Rs 8000 and all suffer from the issue of data redundancy after a certain time ~ data loss

Power Supply Cooler Master Silent Pro 600 W

Cabinet NZXT Gamma

Now make up your mind hope this helps and don't stomp the people who try to help you

Thank You Alpha for your suggestion. Really appreciate it. I checked the thread before creating this one and had a look once more when techno guy suggested to have a relook and stated the fact.

Core i7 930 =14300

Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD9 =36500

Corsair, G Skill, Kingston, ( any respectable brand of your discretion ) - 12 GB kit= 18000

ATi Radeon Hd 5470 =I cannot find price, I am assuming 7500

Power Supply Cooler Master Silent Pro 600 W =Cannot find price and I am going to assume its 7000

Cabinet NZXT Gamma =2000

Total works out to 85300. Can You downgrade few components and so that the price is less than 60-75k

If I have to pay a 50% premium for 10% performance increase I will not :)

Thank You.

Since that is the case I would recommend

Gigabyte GA X58A UD5 or UDR 3

Go for 8 GB of the same RAM but try to retain in multiple of 6 as far as possible

Price of the graphics card ~ 5K+

Price of the silent pro 600 W should not be more than 6.5K or try for the FSP Blue Storm Pro 500 W ( 80+ bronze standard efficiency ) around 6K

Hope this further clarifies :), thanks for the rep

laugh said:
I contacted few te dealers and phoenix offered me these for the ram and motherboard combo. Your views :)
http://www.techenclave.com/dealers-paradise/dfi-dk-x58-t3eh6-sli-xfire-171230.html
I am not really sure about DFI's RMA service in India.
So i would recomment
MSI X58 Pro-E ~ 10.4k
Corsair XMS3 6GB kit CL9 ~ 8.2k

This works out be even more cheaper :)

There is no Desktop ATI card with the name HD5470. The HD5670 512MB GDDR5 costs 5.2k and will suffice for movies and casual gaming needs. I am not sure whehter the HD5670 dual DVI outputs are availble in the market. If not then u would have to use VGA for one monitor and HDMI/DVI for the other.

DarkAngel said:
I am not really sure about DFI's RMA service in India.

So i would recomment

MSI X58 Pro-E ~ 10.4k

Corsair XMS3 6GB kit CL9 ~ 8.2k

This works out be even more cheaper :)

There is no Desktop ATI card with the name HD5470. The HD5670 512MB GDDR5 costs 5.2k and will suffice for movies and casual gaming needs. I am not sure whehter the HD5670 dual DVI outputs are availble in the market. If not then u would have to use VGA for one monitor and HDMI/DVI for the other.
Scale back on the card further get the HD 5450 should be around 5 K mark.

Motherboard whichever you feel is better try reading and comparing reviews of both boards will make the situ more clear.

about the wrong info about the card My bad Bru :)

Back