Budget 90k+ Help me build my 4k dream rig. Budget 3.5L

5 xxx series from Nvidia is not coming this soon. They have lot of pending orders for GPU's from Alibaba and Indian Government.
True, I didn't mean to say coming next month. I meant to say next year only may be mid.
Considering such a large purchase it may feel very soon :)

True, I didn't mean to say coming next month. I meant to say next year only may be mid.
Considering such a large purchase it may feel very soon :)
That will always happen. Then we can also say that wait as 14xxx series from Intel is also on Horizon. There is always a better variant coming in future.

13700K+4090+LG C2 owner here.

You absolutely need the 4090 if you are even remotely considering a 4k monitor. I've used the 4080 in the past aswell.. and there is a big performance difference.

some will say oohh the difference is only 30%.. but the difference between 60-70fps and 110 fps in playbility is huge.

Cybperunk Path Tracing with no upscalling at 4k.. the 4090 outputs 25 frames.. with DLSS and frame gen its 100ish.. i dont know why people keep suggesting AMD.. nvidia is miles ahead in terms of performance.

and please.. if you spend 4 lakhs on a PC.. please have it look good and not like a trashcan.. buy a decent 20kish case.. put good highend fans in it.
Thanks for that! Have made up my mid for 4090. 5xxx might be sometime away and I dont want to wait around more as @Fenix suggested.
Appreciate the help here guys. Based on your feedback I have finalized 3 components so far -
1) Ryzen 7800 x3d seems to be a no-brainer as 90% of the time I would be gaming on this system
2) Rtx 4090 just because I have the budget and 4k performance is a priority
3) Gigabyte B650 Aorus Elite AX WIFI seems to have all the features I am looking for. Unless you guys think B670 series has something that B650 board lacks

Last edited:
Thanks for that! Have made up my mid for 4090. 5xxx might be sometime away and I dont want to wait around more as @Fenix suggested.
Appreciate the help here guys. Based on your feedback I have finalized 3 components so far -
1) Ryzen 7800 x3d seems to be a no-brainer as 90% of the time I would be gaming on this system
3) Gigabyte B650 Aorus Elite AX WIFI seems to have all the features I am looking for. Unless you guys think B670 series has something that B650 board lacks
1696122679258.png

Asus B650E-E Strix gaming is a very good deal.. slightly expensive but well worth the money. has PCie Gen 5 main slot and 1 for the ssd aswell if i remember correctly.

I think its available on primeabgb for 29kish.

1. What is your budget?
    • 3.5L - can stretch by 20-30k if needed. Realized that I have been postponing my dream PC build for far too long. Life is too short to keep postponing what you love, finally going to take the plunge
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • None
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • None
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • Thermaltake Tower 500 Mid Tower Chassis (Already bought)
    • AMD 7000 Series Ryzen 9 7900X 3D Desktop Processor (Thinking about it)
    • RTX 4090 (Thinking about it)
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Would prefer this to be my final configuration. Although I might add in Disk storage if needed.
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
  7. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • 4k gaming
    • Competitive shooters at high refresh rate
  8. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • Any brand with great after sales support would be nice. In my experience Gigabyte has always come through for me in the past.
  9. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • Strategy - AOE4
    • Shooters - CS2, Valorant
    • Visually Striking and Story Rich Games - Witcher, Red Dead Redemption 2, GTA, Planet Zoo, Cyberpunk, Diablo
  10. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Visual games at 4k - Max settings
    2. Competitive shooters at 1920 x 1080
  11. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No
  12. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 11 64 bit
Looking to build something that will last me 5 years and I don't mind spending extra on beautification - I really believe if one spends 3 lacs + on a PC, then it makes sense to spend 30k on AIO, LED fans, RGB steps, Strimer Cables to help with the aesthetics.

Thanks in advance.
As you have a really substantial budget. I can only point you towards some of the pitfalls of the latest gen of hardware as I have experienced in the last 6 months.
This is my RIG:
i5-13600K | Gigabyte Z790 UD AX DDR5 | 64GB GSKILL TRIDENT Z5 6000MHZ | ASUS TUF GAMING GEFORCE RTX 3060 V2 OC 12GB | BENQ PD2700U – 27 INCH 2160p | ASUS TUF Gaming 1000W Gold Power Supply | Noctua NH-C14 | Thermaltake The Tower 900 Snow Edition with 9 Fans (NZXT & Vardar) | NZXT Hue+ with 7" Internal Monitor | WD Black SN850X 1TB M.2 NVMe Gen4 | NZXT LED Controller Hue Plus
Problems I face:

1. Frequent BSOD errors - waiting for a new BIOS update (problem is also related to the point mentioned below) - and note that whether you use 16/24/32/64 GB Ram is not the main issue.
2. Configuring 64GB DDR5 Ram 6000 Mhz has a problem on the Z790 Motherboards with an Intel i5-13600K - and even after keeping it at default values
3. Sad possibility of even a G.Skill ram stick going dead within 2 months (so I have had to RMA both pairs 16GB x 2 of the pack) - so now I have only 32 GB.
4. Depending on usage on my config - at default settings RAM runs only 5100 MHz Clock speed at maximum (average is 3500 Mhz) - so buying a 6000 MHz RAM was a waste I think with the premium price I paid (33K in Feb 2023)
See image attached below.

Attachments

• My_PC_20231008.png
    My_PC_20231008.png
    169 KB · Views: 61
As you have a really substantial budget. I can only point you towards some of the pitfalls of the latest gen of hardware as I have experienced in the last 6 months.
This is my RIG:
i5-13600K | Gigabyte Z790 UD AX DDR5 | 64GB GSKILL TRIDENT Z5 6000MHZ | ASUS TUF GAMING GEFORCE RTX 3060 V2 OC 12GB | BENQ PD2700U – 27 INCH 2160p | ASUS TUF Gaming 1000W Gold Power Supply | Noctua NH-C14 | Thermaltake The Tower 900 Snow Edition with 9 Fans (NZXT & Vardar) | NZXT Hue+ with 7" Internal Monitor | WD Black SN850X 1TB M.2 NVMe Gen4 | NZXT LED Controller Hue Plus
Problems I face:

1. Frequent BSOD errors - waiting for a new BIOS update (problem is also related to the point mentioned below) - and note that whether you use 16/24/32/64 GB Ram is not the main issue.
2. Configuring 64GB DDR5 Ram 6000 Mhz has a problem on the Z790 Motherboards with an Intel i5-13600K - and even after keeping it at default values
3. Sad possibility of even a G.Skill ram stick going dead within 2 months (so I have had to RMA both pairs 16GB x 2 of the pack) - so now I have only 32 GB.
4. Depending on usage on my config - at default settings RAM runs only 5100 MHz Clock speed at maximum (average is 3500 Mhz) - so buying a 6000 MHz RAM was a waste I think with the premium price I paid (33K in Feb 2023)
Actually, I did hear of 4x DDR5 sticks with OC freq having issues. So 2 sticks should be stable at OC frequencies like 6000MHz with XMP/EXPO.

This is my RIG:
Problems I face:

Ah well, it's to be blamed on the new gen IMCs on the 13600k and poor DDR5 IC configurations. Those memory channels configurations on DDR5 sticks offer twice of bandwidth and speeds as that on DDR4, so having that much bandwidth to a new architecture will definitely cripple performance.

A plus point of this is that the single channel vs dual channel debate is Finally over, there won't be any performance hit when you go with either configs

I remember AMD rolling out a big AGESA (BIOS platform) update that fixed most of these issues, so AMD might be on the easier side of RAM OC.

This is my RIG:
Problems I face:

Wait, somethings not right here.. i dont have access to my intel system anymore.. but i had no issues running XPG Lancer 32GB x 2 sticks on my 13700KF+Msi Z790

How did you determine those clock speeds?

How did you determine those clock speeds?
Based on the NZXT CAM hardware and it's monitoring app on my system [and not through the actual Gigabyte Z790 bios].

Yes perhaps only in dual channel mode my G.Skill RAM may run at 6000 MHz with XMP/EXPO enabled - but I am unwilling to risk that option and risk my system hanging up again.

Problem with all the new gen - DDR5; Z790 + Intel Raptor Lake Procs or even my RTX 3060 V2 12GB card - is that manufacturers had no time to check all compatibility issues - esp where optimum performance was supposedly guaranteed way back in Feb 2023 - and even today these issues remain unresolved.

Based on the NZXT CAM hardware and it's monitoring app on my system [and not through the actual Gigabyte Z790 bios].
You got a screenshot? I'm curious since DDR5's minimum speed is 4000, but you say it ran at 3500

Yes perhaps only in dual channel mode my G.Skill RAM may run at 6000 MHz with XMP/EXPO enabled - but I am unwilling to risk that option and risk my system hanging up again
True, this isn't an advertised fact. It's almost impossible to get 4 sticks to run fast together. 2 sticks shouldn't have that issue

Back