Help me buy a monitor for 4-5k (to use with ps2)

X-jo

Disciple
Hi

I am going to buy a monitor which i want to connect it to my laptop(as its screen is almost dying). The catch is I will be buying a PS2 so i want it to be easily connected to the monitor that I will be buying.

Will i get a monitor that suits my needs for about 4-5k?

Thanks in advance

This is going to be tough. PS2 Graphics + gameplay is going to get killed. The information in the thread posted above is not valid (albeit the tv-turner). The best that you can do is buy a TV-Turner card, and if you are going to use it with your laptop, your gaming will lag (TV-Turner + Monitor = LCD TV). I suggest you just get a cheap second hand LCD TV.

Things you need to remember :- Composite / Component / S-Video = Analog. VGA = Digital. There is no such thing as buying a bunch of male-female cable's hooking it up and expecting it to work. Since the Analog will have to be converted to Digital.

Good luck and post how it works =)

n00b said:
This is going to be tough. PS2 Graphics + gameplay is going to get killed. The information in the thread posted above is not valid (albeit the tv-turner). The best that you can do is buy a TV-Turner card, and if you are going to use it with your laptop, your gaming will lag (TV-Turner + Monitor = LCD TV). I suggest you just get a cheap second hand LCD TV.

Things you need to remember :- Composite / Component / S-Video = Analog. VGA = Digital. There is no such thing as buying a bunch of male-female cable's hooking it up and expecting it to work. Since the Analog will have to be converted to Digital.

Good luck and post how it works =)
I didn't understand anything in that thread posted as i am a complete NOOB. So what do you suggest? I can spend 4-5k for the Display (TV, CRT, LCD anything will do). Can you tell me what all to buy? Sorry for being so dumb :(

Thanks for info.

^ ^ Bingo. (But he wants to connect the laptop to his TV, CRT might not be the best experience).

If you want to connect your PS2 and Your laptop as well. You need :-

1) TV Turner card

2) LCD Monitor

Both of them should cost anywhere between 6-10K INR. For that price you might as well just get a LCD TV. Or just like Aman suggested just get a CRT.

Thanks for the reply guys but am sorry that i have no clue about all the diff suggestions. Some say CRT,TV. Which do i buy?

Could i be known what to be bought(with the model number and details) so that i get the best clarity for both laptop/ps2? Extremely sorry, terrible noob bere.

I can spend 5-6k in total . Can extend a 1k too.

Thanks in advance

Back