Help me buy a pc dust cleaner

avinandan012

Disciple
Requirement
I want to buy a blower/cleaner with
  1. small nozzle attachment
  2. variable blow speed
Budget : Not sure. May be ₹ 2000, can go higher if quality is superb.

Primary usage is cleaning dust from
  • Desktop PCs(1 Full tower, 1 Mid-tower)
  • APC UPS(SRC2000XLI-CC and SUA3000UXI)
I searched amazon and found these. No idea how to evaluate them.

Bosch GBL 82-270 ~ ₹ 5000​

Cheston 500W ~ ₹ 700​

Bosch one has the attachments but price is high.
If there are any air compressor with tank(3L min) available ~5K.

Please suggest.

CHESTON is more than enough for pc cleaning purpose u have to change the cable as they tend o fail soon

Get a portable paint compressor for ~2k
And make cone shaped nozzle with a thick plastic sheet , fix it to the compressor.
It's blows 70x times than the regular air blowers.
Using that myself: results amazing

Get a portable paint compressor for ~2k
And make cone shaped nozzle with a thick plastic sheet , fix it to the compressor.
It's blows 70x times than the regular air blowers.
Using that myself: results amazing
Can you share any link and yours pics too just to get an idea.

Yeah those blowers are only going to work if you clean your PC like every month. If you don't and forget it for say 3 months or more, then the dusts stick to every ****ing component and no matter how powerful the blower is it won't be able to remove that sticky disgusting dust. I bought a Stanley stpt600 for the same purpose of pc cleaning and it does nothing for sticky dust. Also make sure to never clean during monsoon but only in dry time.
I've given up. The only thing i imagine could work is if i bring the cabinet with me to shower. I've seriously thought about it. Not joking

I've given up. The only thing i imagine could work is if i bring the cabinet with me to shower. I've seriously thought about it. Not joking
I do that. I mean I take apart everything electronic from the cabinet, even the usb headers and rest goes to the shower room with the side panels, I put PH neutral car wash shampoo in a spray bottle, I spray that into all the nooks and crannies, and use any general purpose soft brush all over it. This is what gets the sticky dust out. The places where a brush can cause scratches I just use my hand to rub the sprayed soapy solution. At last I finish with rinsing everything off, blowing air into it to get the water out and wiping everything with microfiber and letting it dry.

The fans are the dirtiest including the CPU cooler one, for those I take them to washing sink, letting the tap water running very slightly so it doesn't splash everywhere on contact, I use toothbrush dipped in the earlier soapy solution to brush off all the dirt over the fan blades, then I place the fan under running water to get all the soap out, carefully positioning so water doesn't gets into the bearing.

For the motherboard nothing much can be done except using anti-static brush gently to get the dirt out where ever possible. The sticky dust remains and I don't bother with it, it's hardly visible. I prefer that over a totally clean motherboard which just stopped working.

For the CPU cooler heatsink which has copper, to make it shiny, I put some salt and vinegar into pan with water and mix it well, then dipping the heatsink into it. Bringing it to boil and leaving it like that for 10min, then brushing off the fins and copper. It's one way to get the surface oxide off of the copper. The more you leave copper in the air the shine starts to go away.

For the PSU and graphics card, I just blow air into it from all the vents, but making sure the fans doesn't spin by blocking it with toothpick. The graphics card backplate and the front fans and surroundings I clean with slightly wet microfiber and the same for the PSU chassis.

All the cables gets cleaned with wet cloth.

Then at the end of the day I assemble everything back and wonder how I wasted an entire day cleaning something that didn't require this deep cleaning and it would have worked just fine even if I didn't do anything to it. Followed by questioning my life choices.

showing for 3k :/ is that the price?
where?

It's close enough, I got it for 2,800 at the end of 2020
I do that. I mean I take apart everything electronic from the cabinet, even the usb headers and rest goes to the shower room with the side panels, I put PH neutral car wash shampoo in a spray bottle, I spray that into all the nooks and crannies, and use any general purpose soft brush all over it. This is what gets the sticky dust out. The places where a brush can cause scratches I just use my hand to rub the sprayed soapy solution. At last I finish with rinsing everything off, blowing air into it to get the water out and wiping everything with microfiber and letting it dry.
Crazy as it sounds that will work, I saw a guy in a video do the same by putting UPS motherboards into a dishwasher and he said that's how it's done in the industry.

Ensure everything is bone dry before switching on the power
Then at the end of the day I assemble everything back and wonder how I wasted an entire day cleaning something that didn't require this deep cleaning and it would have worked just fine even if I didn't do anything to it. Followed by questioning my life choices.
One of life's mysteries isn't it HAHA!

Last edited:
Haa haa. I should have started reading your post from the end and work my way up. Anyway, that's really deep bro. You have tremendous patience and I'm really happy for you.
The problem is i cannot stand the sight of dust. And when PC is first assembled i usually take a photo of it looking all dandy and later i compare it with current state, and then comes the horror. Anyway though, no patience here, therefore dust wins.
Sed lyf

Haa haa. I should have started reading your post from the end and work my way up. Anyway, that's really deep bro. You have tremendous patience and I'm really happy for you.
The problem is i cannot stand the sight of dust. And when PC is first assembled i usually take a photo of it looking all dandy and later i compare it with current state, and then comes the horror. Anyway though, no patience here, therefore dust wins.
Sed lyf
True story. I have such PC dust OCD, the first thing I do on a daily basis is take a dry cloth, clean the (imaginary) dust from behind the monitor, and get rid of the few speckles of dust from the keyboard, cabinet, and mouse/mousepad. I then sanitize my hands so that I don't bring back the dirt.

Please don't judge me.

where?

It's close enough, I got it for 2,800 at the end of 2020

Crazy as it sounds that will work, I saw a guy in a video do the same by putting UPS motherboards into a dishwasher and he said that's how it's done in the industry.

Ensure everything is bone dry before switching on the power

One of life's mysteries isn't it HAHA!
amazon !
True story. I have such PC dust OCD, the first thing I do on a daily basis is take a dry cloth, clean the (imaginary) dust from behind the monitor, and get rid of the few speckles of dust from the keyboard, cabinet, and mouse/mousepad. I then sanitize my hands so that I don't bring back the dirt.

Please don't judge me.
its a good thing!

Can you share any link and yours pics too just to get an idea.
Aksh Paint Spray Gun Electric Painting Tool for Exterior and Interior | 650 Watt | 1 Year Warranty. https://amzn.eu/d/bqrgaqk

Or any other brand
Sorry for the pic I had to take from the front camera ,my rear cam is broken

Attachments

• IMG_20230808_202703.jpg
    IMG_20230808_202703.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 55
Back