Audio Help me buy decent ~5k 2.1 speaker for Desktop PC!

rshri

Adept
Hi Guys!

Want to buy decent ~5k 2.1 speakers for my Desktop PC. Requirement is music, online videos and skype only (no movies and games).
As per general advice here in TE my conclusion is to go for 'Edifier C3'. But how to buy this? Nehru Place is a bit too far to bring from there myself. Where is it sold in Nehru Place anyway? What is its street price?

Online, I have been able to find it at Lynx site only at Rs :7895/-. Isn't it marked way above street price?
At Infibeam its marked Rs 6,458. But its out of stock.

What are my options? Would you suggest anything other than 'Edifier C3'?

Thanks!

As per my requirements, is C2 enough for my needs? Asking this because C2 seems to be available.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Couldn't wait any longer for advice.. Ordered C2!

The C3 is available for 5800 +4% VAT at "cost to cost " shop in nehru place, delhi.

Just checked from the price list they post on their website.

You can also slightly up your budget and go the Logitech Z623 . More bass , and 200 watts of awesome sauce. Available for 7.435 K on flipkart.

With the C3 expect better clarity , with bass on the lower side .

Lets us know what you buy ;)

simmy said:
The C3 is available for 5800 +4% VAT at "cost to cost " shop in nehru place, delhi.

Just checked from the price list they post on their website.

You can also slightly up your budget and go the Logitech Z623 . More bass , and 200 watts of awesome sauce. Available for 7.435 K on flipkart.

With the C3 expect better clarity , with bass on the lower side .

Lets us know what you buy ;)

Thanks for the advice! By now, I have already ordered C2 from Infibeam. Given a choice I would have bought C3 but I didn't know how to get it. NP is too far from my place to just go inquire about its availability.

The price at NP is amazing considering how high its marked up in online stores (infibeam, Lynx and Edifier's own site). I guess its because of the weight of the package.

I feel C2 is right for me because I usually listen to soft music from very close and don't really need greater power & bass. AFAIK, C3 and C2 are essentially same circuit-wise. C3 just has bigger speaker cones and higher output capability. So no big loss for me.

Back