Help me choose a wireless bluetooth headset

Sarath_

Adept
A few days ago, my beloved BT headset was taken away from me. It was, iirc a Nokia BH-609 (?) and worked well and still does but it's no longer with me and I need a replacement.

Usage scenarios:

Mono

1. Driving *MOST IMPORTANT*

2. Sleeping (I talk and snooze)

Stereo

1. Driving

2. Sleeping

3. PS Vita - gaming

Criteria:

1. Good reception (sound quality for receiver and me)

2. Should preferably have a long full microphone.

rest of the grouches I can live with

Since the BT never belonged to me, I was prepared for such a day (emotionally)

The choices I had in mind: mind you they do not mix well but still are what I desire, despite their comparisons being unfair.

However this might need mention since I love the concept. I have always wanted something that would give me stereo sound without having to go for a full headset. Doesn't matter even if the sound is actually mono but streamed to both ears. It looks like this-
318F%2BC-1ZkL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Options:

First up, overpriced beauties, I had intended would replace my trusty old Nokia BT

1.Bose Bluetooth headset Series 2 -8k to 9k (Ok forget this one)

2.Sennheiser VMX 200 - 7k (I guess)

I don't know if I will be able to afford those (ever) so I had a few modest choices too:

3.Exact same Nokia BT that I used was the second choice; then these:

4.Plantronics-headset-m1100

5.Amazon.com: Plantronics Voyager 855 Bluetooth Headset (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories - (an option I never saw in retail)[/INDENT]

My first choice of a mono BT headset, it's this. Reason I don't have it is 'coz it's US exclusive and I need to wait for someone to drop by.

6.Tritton Switchblade

gal-02.jpg

Coming to stereo headsets which I have enlisted were/are:

1.Logitech wireless headset -3k - I wanted to get these for long but they are not exactly portable and since I have a SS V1 and Sony wireless headset already, I am not sure if this will make a good addition.

2.Plantronics-headset-backbeat-903+ - this is among my strongest choices but complains about a weak microphone dashed my hopes (and is the reason for this thread actually)

3.Nokia BH 505 - these are good but I want something flexible

Some exotic choices:

Sennheiser MM100

Rejected list:

Flipkart.com: Sony Ericsson Headset MW600: Headset

All BT without noise cancellation feature

All ill fitting BT headsets

----------------------

I am confused whether to go for stereo BT or mono BT headset :? Anyone with any experience?

I initially considered buying two headsets but that seems a waste of money. Not sure what to do now.
<

I was looking for a bluetooth headset myself as I am getting my Brio delivered this 23rd
<

Here's what my short-list looks like:

1. Jabra Extreme - 2 (Rated one of the best when it comes to comfort and voice quality both ways. However, not the best looker) - 4K

2, BOSE series 2 - Beleive it or not, it is actually a very real choice as I am able to get it for 6K. High Snob value. (call it the iPhone of the bluetooth world)

3. Plantronics Voyager Pro HD ( again great quality, comfortable to wear, rather big with its boom mike, not the best looker)

Noteworthy mentions:

Jawbone Era : only reason to not go for it is bevause its not available in India. Else this would have been my first choice.

Jabra Supreme: Too costly, too big. Not for me.

Consider the following for reference:

http://www.phonearena.com/reviews/B...-HD-vs-Jabra-Supreme-vs-Jabra-Extreme2_id2958

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2369586,00.asp

http://reviews.cnet.com/best-bluetooth-headsets/

Do let me know which one you go for.

I am gravitating towards option 1 & 2.

Also regarding your doubt about mono/stereo, in my opinion, it would be best to go for a single piece (mono) headset that is good at what it does i.e. make and recieve calls with the best call quality (both ways) possible. A stereo headset might not be optimised for calls (might not even have a microphone)

Also most music ethusiasts

2, BOSE series 2 - Beleive it or not, it is actually a very real choice as I am able to get it for 6K. High Snob value. (call it the iPhone of the bluetooth world)

How are you getting it for ~3k less? I've been considering buying this for sometime but couldn't be bother with a 9k price tag

How are you getting it for ~3k less? I've been considering buying this for sometime but couldn't be bother with a 9k price tag

I have a friend who works for BOSE, I just got the news and the exact price I would be able to get it for is 6.3K but not before May.

I have a friend who works for BOSE, I just got the news and the exact price I would be able to get it for is 6.3K but not before May.

That's fantastic. Clearly the best headset for comfort & audio quality in the market. (Based on secondary reviews... I haven't used one myself)

I have narrowed my choices to these:

1. Buy BlueAnt Q2 Voice Bluetooth Headset (Black) at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews @5k

2. Bose Bluetooth headset Series 2 -8k to 9k

3. Sennheiser VMX 200 - 7k

I was looking for a bluetooth headset myself as I am getting my Brio delivered this 23rd
<

Here's what my short-list looks like:

1. Jabra Extreme - 2 (Rated one of the best when it comes to comfort and voice quality both ways. However, not the best looker) - 4K

3. Plantronics Voyager Pro HD ( again great quality, comfortable to wear, rather big with its boom mike, not the best looker)

Thanks for that. If it is not too much to ask for then can you get me a Bose BT headset too? At almost 9k the price drops a tear or two.

Back