CPU/Mobo help me chose right motherboard

sagar.sdm

Disciple
I was using a P4 2.4GHz processor with ASRock P4i45GV motherboard, also powered by AGP8X nVidia 6600 GT GPU. My PC went kaput some days back and I was told by the repair guy that it is the problem with the motherboard and it would cost me quite some money to get it repaired. He also recommended me to upgrade my mother board.

Here lies the catch - All the new motherboards are not for 478 socket. So, I now have to upgrade my processor(775 socket) along with the mobo... I have made my mind to go for entry level C2D processor and an upward compatible good mobo which takes in AGP GPU's so that I can use the 6600GT which I have ( its a decent GPU and I don't want it to go wasted :( ) and takes in DDR2 RAM's

I'm finding it hard to find a mobo which suits my above needs here in bangalore market (SP road) ... So guys if you know any such mobo which suits all the above things.. pls inform me...

waiting for your recommendations,

Sagar :hap2:

Also I was told by the repair guy that GIGABYTE has a mobo for 775 socket processors which has both AGP and PCI-e GPU slots... DDR2 memory compatible.. which would cost ~2.5k . Is there a mobo as such..? If yes.. is it the right one.. should I go for it..?

Pls suggest..

mate,there are no mobos with AGP&PCI exp...all LGA775 mobos have only PCI exp...if you are keen on getting on sokcet478 u could put a request in TE market..Go for gigabyte G31-S2L is highly recommended mobo..:)no AGP slot though..

Back