PC Peripherals Help me decide - Corsair TX650 and Seasonic X-series 560W

raj_pol

Skilled
My old PSU is dying and I need to change it asap before my entire system conks out.

So I wwas looking and I had my mind in the Corsair tx650n and then I saw the Seasonic X-series 560w
My system does not need a lot of power and I will probably buy a more advanced GPU soon. Other than that no more upgrades.

As I see on paper, the Seasonic is gold certified versus bronze for corsair and also it is modular. Leaning towards it now.

Please help me decide. :sleep:

Raj

My system does not need a lot of power and I will probably buy a more advanced GPU soon. Other than that no more upgrades.

As I see on paper, the Seasonic is gold certified versus bronze for corsair and also it is modular. Leaning towards it now.

If you can afford the Seasonic SMPS nothing comes close. It is in a class of its own.

For more on the same --

X560 without a doubt is the better of the two supplies, though in previous discussion it seems Seasonic after-sales is less than desirable.

....... My system does not need a lot of power and I will probably buy a more advanced GPU soon. Other than that no more upgrades.

Raj

What kind of GPU are you looking at (future upgrade) ? Are you sure that X-560 would suffice your needs ?

I am using the X-760 for the past 4 months or so & no regrets whatsoever. I have used up 70% of the supplied cables. I was never bothered about Seasonic -> Rashi's ASS. When you go for the Best the likelihood of anything going wrong is very, very minimal. Lastly, the quality of the unit is simply mind-blowing (the built-in sanyo-denki fan runs Only when the PSU crosses the threshold limits). In my case, probably the X-660 would have sufficed - but I did not want to feel short-changed for the next few years.

Cheers
Terry

Note: Corsair's "Fully-Modular" psu's come only in their AX-Series & even these are no match with the Seasonic X-Series. Next in corsair is the HX-series (semi-modular) and after that is the TX (TX-M) series

Back