Help me deciding an Android Phone

Guys,

Help me decide between :

LG Optimus P500

HTC wildfire S

Motorola Defy

Motorola Defy + (Not sure about its availability in India and its price. Should I wait for this??)

Samsung Ace

Motorola Fire

Iphone 3gs 8gb Box pack but without bill at 12K :huh:

Budget 8K to 16K

Any other suggestions are welcomed.

Regards,

Chirag

What is your requirements? How will you use your phone?

Of the list, I would suggest:
Motorola Defy
Positives -Bigger screen 3.7 inch screen, Faster processor, Water/Dust proof, Rugged design, Excellent CM7 support
Negatives - GPU is not that great for playing games, risk of red or green lens.
User Thread - http://www.techenclave.com/mobile-phones/the-motorola-defy-thread-191764.html
Price - Buy Motorola Defy MB525 at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews
Specs - Motorola DEFY - Full phone specifications

Why not to go for Defy+ ?
* Same camera
* Same design
* Same processor. Only difference is processor is now clocked at 1 ghz. This is already achievable in current Defy
* Since it is getting released now and Defy costing 15k, the Defy+ should be priced around 17k atleast. So it defeats the purpose of getting that by paying extra when you can get a similar one for cheaper.

Now if you are not so keen on bigger screen, I would suggest
Sony Xperia Mini Pro SK17i
Positives - Much powerful 2nd generation 1 ghz processor, Excellent GPU for gaming, Qwerty keypad, Excellent Bravia screen display, Excellent Camera, Will recieve the Android 4.0 as announced by Sony
Negatives - Small 3.2 inch screen, less internal ROM but that is taken care of by external SD
Price - Buy Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro SK17i (White) at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews
Specs - Sony Ericsson Xperia mini pro - Full phone specifications

Sony has promised that all 2011 Xperia models will recieve the Android 4.0 so you are also covered on that.

Also Why not this?
Spice Mi-410
Positives - Big 4.1 inch screen, Excellent 2nd generation 1 ghz scorpion processor, Adrenos 205 gpu for excellent gaming, 1 GB ROM, Decent screen resolution (not breathtaking), Gingerbread available, Dual camera
Negatives - Spice brand, occasional problems
User Thread - http://www.techenclave.com/mobile-phones/spice-mi-410-smartphone-1ghz-snapdragon-190441.html
Price - Spice Mi-410 | Spice Mobile Phones | Saholic.com
Specs - Spice Mi-410 - Full phone specifications

^ Thanks. Unable to rep you again .. :) I use my current 5233 for internet surfing and chatting. Daily I type about 50 to 60 SMS. I wont be playing games. Only if some user can tell me if FIFA is available for android os, then I will start using it for games.

Forgot to mention.. I listen a lot of music. Will Sony xperia be good for music?

I wont go for Spice. Heard some bad reviews about it from users

Sony Xperia is good for music. It has better music quality than Defy. I play Fifa 10 and PES 2011 currently with my Android phones. There are other great games available also. With same price, Xperia can play games far better than Defy.

Go for the 3GS.you get everything as per your requirements and you also get to play FIFA.the gfx are on par with psp version and you get iOS which means the best games and plethora of apps.it's a no brainer at that price!

chiragsthakur said:
^ Thanks. Unable to rep you again .. :) I use my current 5233 for internet surfing and chatting. Daily I type about 50 to 60 SMS. I wont be playing games. Only if some user can tell me if FIFA is available for android os, then I will start using it for games.

Forgot to mention.. I listen a lot of music. Will Sony xperia be good for music?

I wont go for Spice. Heard some bad reviews about it from users
Well, for Music and Fifa, I think I would ask you to for a Nokia device.

How about waiting a month to grab the new Nokia N600/700/701? Nokia's misuc features are exceptional.

Wait till you find out what kind of 800 Mhz processor it has. If it has MSM7227 processor found in other models like Samsung Ace, Wildfire S then it might not be good because the gaming will be poor. But if it has the MSM7230 second generation 800 Mhz processor found in models like Huawei X5, HTC Desire Z then it would be an excellent buy. I would recommend it hands down. Because MSM7230 is powerful than last generation 1 ghz processor (QSD8250) plus Adrenos 205 GPU, which is better for playing games or 720p videos.

Also do not get confused. First decide if you need Nokia or Android. Both are good. Because with Symbian Belle phones coming out with excellent hardware and price plus Microsoft Apps also coming to Symbian Belle, you might want to take a look at that.

http://www.techenclave.com/mobile-phones/microsoft-apps-for-symbian-announced-198790.html

You want Android ?

You got access/ways to purchase on Ebay.com?

Answer: Get Motorola Atrix

Pick up a slightly used piece or if you get lucky, snag a cheap fresh in auction.

Reason:

1) For what its being sold for in USA, we have the Moto Defy here. And Atrix is leaps and bounds ahead of the phones being sold here even in the 20+ category. Needless to say, you ll be ending up with tremendously fast phone.

2) You ll be saved from unnecessary upgrades for some time.

Atrix is already tegra 2 and plenty of RAM. 16GB of memory is gonna get you enough to even delay a memory card purchase.

3) Battery backup, girth, and overall weight is just right.

4) Community support has grown and is showing good sustenance.

Disadvantages:

1) Screen is just TFT. Natural colors are an advantage but you need to be srsly strong headed to ward off those AMOLED lovers.

2) Camera

Shots taken w.o flash in dark condition are best not taken at all. Although the new ROMs have unlocked the cam to Droid 3's capabilities.. which is 8mp camera and 1080p recording.

Else wait for the new Nexus range being launched.

18k is the price i last saw shipped and unlocked from many buyers.

And prices have fallen since then. So you can try to increase the budget a tad bit and be exploring all the options a phone like Atrix provides.

Either the Atrix or hold out for new phones, Because with a budget of 16k, it ll be criminal to go for a Defy.

Get Defy only if you are not planning to fiddle too much with your phone (custom ROMs and stuff) Then the Defy would be absolutely justified.

chiragsthakur said:
Bro, Atrix is way above my Budget.... :( But a good suggestion from you.. Thanks :)

i would say wait till nokia churns out the 700/600/500 phone.
as from what so ever i saw on youtube its similar to android and you might get better battery backup than an android.

if you are not the kind of person that fiddles with the mobile os nokia should be a safer bet ;)

Lucky and me?? Never... :(....

talrejaheeru said:

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

I really dont like the same kind of menu that all nokia phones carry...They all look the same :no:

I would wait as you say. :)

ggt said:
i would say wait till nokia churns out the 700/600/500 phone.

as from what so ever i saw on youtube its similar to android and you might get better battery backup than an android.

if you are not the kind of person that fiddles with the mobile os nokia should be a safer bet ;)

Back