Hi,

I am trying to buy a new mobile for my sis. Here are my requirements

# Music
# Camera
# Internet (wi-fi /3G)
# Good Battery
# Good screen

budget : below 15k

I ruled out wildfire s (~13k), ACE (~15K , screen resolution is not good ), spice mi-410 ( feel like screen won't be good with 256k color on 4 " screen ). Final list is

Motorola Defy ( 15k, from letsbuy.com )
HTC Desire ( 15k , from saholic.com ) - couldn't confirm genuineness of this because i tried to reach their customer care through mail but till now no reply from them.

I heard that desire is having bad battery life but having good super LCD screen(in saholic.com) but actually its AMOLED.

Please shoot out your suggestions here.

Thanks

I guess people in Te will be in a confusion to answer this question.

But i belve Desire is better

+AMOLED

+1GHZ Stock CPU

+Official Cyanogen support+number of awesome ROMs

+720p video recording with 2.2 update

+sense UI

^Indian version of Desire comes with SLCD.

Also the PowerVR SGX 530 graphics of Defy is much better than the Adreno 200 of Desire

Defy's Cortex A8 can be easily OCed to 1GHz using Quarx Mod.

Defy also will be getting a 720p upgrade IINM.

Desire has a poorer battery life compared to Defy.

@lavans4u, is 720p recording comes with android 2.2 update only ..i'm sorry if my question is stupid because i don't see 720p recording on official HTC site.

@comp, thanks.will keep that in mind

@DarkAngel, so as per current specs , desire beats deffy but its reverse if defy is modded? its nice to hear that defy having good GPU because even i am looking for a device giving good gaming experience..

There is one idiot on FB quarelling with me on how iPhone is the best.

I told him about dual-core androids, and he was "who needs dual core, besides they released this year"

The moment iPhone 5 releases, he'll say, "it's dual core or nothing"

can't make fanboi's understand.

Defy. SuperLCD is completely different from super-clear LCD of nexus s and galaxy SL. Super LCD is worse when compared to super-clear LCD. (Refer GSMArena display shootout)
And defy small in size.

I saw both these phones about a week ago in reliance digital and desire does feel a bit more premium(lookwise) than the defy but the fact that it has Adreno 200 is a turnoff. But then it was released more than an year ago so one cant expect updated hardware. Between these 2, get defy. My 2 cent. :)

The Defy is more compact with the same screen size and resolution .. not to mention the insane build quality ..

With the Defy you get more 2 Gig ROM .. obviously the SX530 is much more powerful than the last-gen Adreno 200.

Also the better battery life of the Defy and better stock package.

defy has the best battery life among all the high end android devices, though u will only get 2.1 with it also you will hav to wait till ages to get updates from motorola. but i wud go for defy

defyuser said:
defy has the best battery life among all the high end android devices, though u will only get 2.1 with it also you will hav to wait till ages to get updates from motorola. but i wud go for defy

2.2 is now officially launched for Defy.check the xda forums

Among these two, can you tell me which had better display (contrast ratio, overall brightness)?
Aladdin said:
I saw both these phones about a week ago in reliance digital and desire does feel a bit more premium(lookwise) than the defy but the fact that it has Adreno 200 is a turnoff. But then it was released more than an year ago so one cant expect updated hardware. Between these 2, get defy. My 2 cent. :)

manu1991 said:
Even the SLCD one?
Sorry but i don't think i can answer that. I went to check out Defy after ordering one online( :p ) And knew that desire was selling for 15k(online) so i just like that picked up one to compare, i have no idea which display it was. That desire was over 21k.

@21k - it should be the SLCD one. Hmmm.... may be its because of the eye candies and colors, desire would've looked good. always better to check out with a same image file on both the device. (of course, i didn't expect aladdin to)

Back