Help me get Windows 7 Ultimate 64/32 bit for lowest price in India

Can't really help you with lowest price it will hit you around ~ 10K minimum... the professional Edition is good enough for most :). Where do you stay.

@ALPHA17 - I'm from Pune, India. (10k, thats nice price tag, can you share dealer information with us?)

@funkysourav - I inquired OEM version here in local market, but it costs Rs. 8000+, where you from got that rate? what will be difference in Retail and OEM Pack? OEM = (less features)?

@rajndra - Thats so nice to hear about, but i have no contacts with MS employees!

Thank you all of you for your reply.

funkysourav said:
if you buy the OEM versions, they will cost you around 3.5-5k
Are you serious? Ultimate for 3.5k OEM?

FPP price is 10,750 approx. with bill

BTW: OEM version is meant for sale with bundled hardware(say by maufacturer of laptop/desktop) in strict legal agreement.

At any cost avoid if someone wants to sell you MSDN key(the key will be blacklisted in a month or 2 after activation).:S

funkysourav said:
if you buy the OEM versions, they will cost you around 3.5-5k
For an OEM version the OP needs to get a PC along with it to justify that he is buying an OEM version of Windows along with it. I doubt that the Ultimate Edition will be available for that low a price even OEM.

@Yashodan

OEM means you'll only get a recovery disc and not the OS disk itself, it means you'll cripple A.S.S as you will need register repeatedly every time you reinstall the OEM copy you have, this has a limit (no. of reinstalls per OEM copy per PC). But in the Retail package you'll get the 64-bit/ 32-bit discs + your personal key + and you can keep reinstalling the OS each night no problems just register every 30 days or your system will lock-up.

Hope this helps. In Pune I'm unaware of any computer shops apart from SMC International.

Windows 7 Home Basic -- 4000

Windows 7 Home Premium --- 6000

Windows 7 Professional --- 8000

Windows 7 Ultimate --- 10000 + tax
<All prices from Hyderabad in June 2010, OS prices generally doesn't fluctuate.>

@ALPHA17 - Thank you for updating me.. i found lowest price at one site something called bit gang or fangs something.. they are offering Ultimate Retail Pack for Rs. 9465 inclusive of all taxes. + Shipping Extra (around 50 to 100 maybe)

Do you think thats a good deal? or i can get better rate in local market (@Mumbai)?

No one has bought anything from bitfang yet here on TE AFAIK... So i wudn't advice u to buy from them... Wait for some more replies... :)

Yashodhan said:
@ALPHA17 - Thank you for updating me.. i found lowest price at one site something called bit gang or fangs something.. they are offering Ultimate Retail Pack for Rs. 9465 inclusive of all taxes. + Shipping Extra (around 50 to 100 maybe)

Do you think thats a good deal? or i can get better rate in local market (@Mumbai)?
I think the best deal for you is Microsoft DirectBuy the link which Sumit05 has provided, or go to a proper comp shop and buy a sealed package yourself, AVOID BITFANG like the plague. Safest is the Microsoft link in my views.

Get it from microsoft website itself if you dont want to risk your 10k on unknown website, BTW why do you need the ultimate version? professional is nearly the same and even home premium is fine for day to day usage.

ALPHA17 said:
I think the best deal for you is Microsoft DirectBuy the link which Sumit05 has provided, or go to a proper comp shop and buy a sealed package yourself, AVOID BITFANG like the plague. Safest is the Microsoft link in my views.

Why not bitfang?

^

Well I have heard most members talking of avoiding BitFang and that I remember some fraud thread which had BitFang mentioned thats why nothing against online purchase as I have sourced the NZXT Tempest EVO for my friends in Bangalore from Bombay a couple of times.

@Yashodhan

For Ur Reference :p
6old03.jpg

There is only 2 extra feature in ultimate over Professional i,e Bitlocker & 35 Lang pack....

In MS web site Ultimate cost 11,190 with or without optical mouse / 8 GB Pen drive + vat.

If no need for Bitlocker then going professional version is the way to go, which is cost 10690/- with or without pendrive / optical mouse + tax.

@Hades - Thank you very much.. :)

@dissel - Yes, i like bit-locker though there are open source alternative, but my parent mostly dad find it handy to keep his office documents locked inside it for safety.. Yeah, I'm aware of MS India Online Store, prices are comparatively higher than local market though.

@ALPHA17 -

BitFrang is different story, you know a day ago while digging on net, i found one blog, it was of earlier Design Artist who developed corporate graphics for bitfrang but some how they refused to pay him for his work. developer also helped them to choose the brandname as BitFrang..

Sad to hear that and but i'm not making any judgement here.

May be they are good or may be some thing else.. who know..

For this time to purchase Win License, I'll preferably will be going to Direct Local Market..

Thank you everyone for your valued suggestions and contribution.

May nature bless everyone, best in their lives.. :)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

@RS4, VIP -

I like Ultimate because it comes with bit-locker, i have already on laptop my documents are safe in there and also its well integrated & easy to use then other Open Source alternatives.

:) Btw apart from MS compare chart i believe MS always does some changes (technical aspects/performance wise) to its lower priced edition than those are highly priced, (totally my opinion), no offence!

PS: MODs may close this Thread! - Thank you

Back