Help me in choosing a laptop within 45 k

techno_guy

Skilled
I need a laptop for general use not much high end gaming and multi tasking will be done on it
I have found out 3 models of my use
1. dell Inspiron 15R ~ 42k
i5 2.53ghz
4gb ram
500 gb hdd
15.6" screen
windows 7 home premium

2. Compaq presario CQ42-176TX ~ 40 k
14" display
ATI 5430 512 mb
only Dos
remaining specs similar
3.Acer aspire 4745 exact price not known
same specs as inspiron 15 R

Is dell studio 15 worth purchasing for my usage ?

which of these is better
any other suggestions are welcome
what about their warranty and after sales services from them, any bad experiences with them please share them
I have heard of dell's eep but does any other company have similar policy
TIA

^^better add some gpu to that inspiron 15R config.From your usage term "not much high end gaming" i suppose that you want to play games on your laptop but can do with less resolution and detail?

dexBG said:
Get the Acer 5740G .. its the only decent i5 lappy with 1 Gig Graphics.
Acer 5740G is no longer available in the market, it was replaced by acer 5745G which has i5-450m+nvidia GT 330m+4gb ram+500gb HDD for around 43-44k,its a decent option in the range of 40-45k.

RS4 said:
^^better add some gpu to that inspiron 15R config.From your usage term "not much high end gaming" i suppose that you want to play games on your laptop but can do with less resolution and detail?

will mostly play games on pc just outstations or in journeys will play on lappy

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

how is servicing and RMA policy of dell ??

Dell Studio 15 with core i3... 45k.

There isnt that much of a difference between the performance.. of i3 and i5.

even the cost difference for studio15 i3 and i5 is adound 3 -4 k.

@techno_guy: The on-site service provided by dell is the best in the country, if anything goes wrong with your laptop then first they will try to troubleshoot via phonecall and if still there is any problem then they will come to your house and replace the faulty part.

you dont even need an i5 cpu, an i3-370@2.4Ghz is more than enough for usage conditions.
Regarding studio or inspiron,it will be better if you can go to some electronics store like croma,ezone,staples etc and have a look at both the models, some people prefer the build quality of studio whereas some people like the comparatively slimmer inspiron series.And one more thing if you plan to do any sort of gaming on your laptop then dont forget to add a graphics card to the config.

I liked the studio 15 and Acer 5740g both have similar config

I am also thinking of getting a I macbook instead but the problem is the one of 55 k has a bit lower config and same would be available with windows for around 35k

But for snow leopard 2 gb ram is enough as windows 7 need more ram and most important is won't get affected by virus easily

So hows the idea of Mac

^^ Get a macbook if you really want to use snow leopard operating system, if you end up running windows7 on it then it would be a waste of money.

I vote for dell and more specifically studio. Going with dell because of their excellent service and the concept of complete warranty in which they pay full price for your money.
:)

Back