Graphic Cards Help me out here!!!

ashwin006

Disciple
Hey listen u guys...

I was plannin for the 8600 GTS but now i ve decided to go for the 8800 GTS 320... But the reviews i read say that the 8800 GTS has driver issues and doesnt work well...

Is it true??....Can u guys help me out on this one??...And do u think the 8800 GTS is a good card to go for??

^^Err no there are no driver issues with the 8800 GTS cards. Which reviews would u be talking about? The 8800 GTS 320 MB is a good card to go for and imo the most vfm card in midrange segment

well....the reviews i read where the ones i found using google... I wasn't sure anyway.... So i guess i ll go for it....Thanks man...Appreciate it!!

Get it man it doesnt have a driver problem, one of my friends has it its from XFX and works like a charm. go for it.

Well...There is just one more thing....The reviews say that i have to go for a power supply of atleast 450W... And since i m gettin the intel C2D E6750, How much power do you think i need??.... And i need to find a good one (but not too expensive)...

A good 450W is sufficient but a better choice would be 500W or more. Get the coolermaster extreme power 600W for 3.6k or if u want to spend more let us know ur budget

Get the regular edition you can always overclock to those speeds if you want. Doesn't make sense in spending extra for higher default clocks.

In 2.5k you won't get anything great. Try to increase your budget to 3.5k and get the CM Extreme Power 600W. I have the 8800GTS 320MB and the CM PSU. Works great!!

The problem you are referring to is a general bug in all 8800 series cards, it just affects the 320MB more often because of the smaller memory size. There is some mis-management of the video memory in the drivers and NVIDIA says they are working on a fix.

Get the XXX version, if ur gonna play at resolutions less than 1600 X 1080(or 1200) the XXX version has a slight edge over the 640MB cards, you can check out reviews. I bought an MSI 8800GTS 320MB OC for 18k all inclusive in Bangalore. So the XXX version should be similarly priced, whereas the 640mb costs a lot more..

The XXX version gives u only 4 to 5% performance boost that wont make a huge difference if it would have givena 30% increase then it was agreeable.

as for now get a regular one and then OC it. u'll get better results like that

Well...I can go for the CM 600... The prob is ordering it... See...I m at coimbatore, Tamil Nadu... And around here none of the computer dealer guys know their stuff... So its tricky and they always charge too much...

Back