Help me to buy a Cellphone(Smartphone)

Casual Gamer

Disciple
Guys, I am planning to buy a Smartphone for myself. My budget is 13k(Strictly). I would like to pick one from Nokia, Sony Ericsson, Samsung or Motorola. Don't want to go for any other brands like Spice. I would be happy to go for Blackberry but probably my budget won't allow that. My requirements are:

1. It has to be of "Candy Bar" form factor.(Hate Slides or Flip-ups).

2. The screen should be large and has to be of 16M colours.(Prefer Touchscreens, Don't mind if it isn't)

3. Operating system should be Android or windows. If budget don't permit then Symbian is the last choice. ( I need fast response of the OS)

4. Camera should be at least of 3.2MP with Flash.

5. Video recorder should capture at least 640 X 480 res video @30FPS.

6. 3G & Wi-Fi are must.

7. Very good internet browsing experience is a must.

8. 3.5mm jack would be a bonus.

Well, keeping requirements in mind, there is only 1 Good choice to go for:

Nokia C6-01 @ 12.5k

If you choose to extend your budget by 2k, you get 2 new options:

1. Moto Defy @ 14.5k

2. Spice Mi410 @ 13.8k

Check out Nokia C6-01. The only thing I didn't like about it was it felt small to me, otherwise it is one helluva device. Great screen, good camera, and you get pretty much everything in a phone, which you don't get for the next 3 - 4 K in other phones. And yes, the OS is fast and responsive.

People, What about Samsung Wave S8500? It seems to be a great smart phone to me. awesome hardware(Super Amoled 3.3inch Display, 720p flawless video playback, Marvelous music output). How is it compared to motorola Defy? I have increased my budgt to 15k. Wave S8500's only lagging is the BADA OS I think. How much will I miss Android if I take the Wave instead of the Defy? Please answer carefully.

Casual Gamer said:
People, What about Samsung Wave S8500? It seems to be a great smart phone to me. awesome hardware(Super Amoled 3.3inch Display, 720p flawless video playback, Marvelous music output). How is it compared to motorola Defy? I have increased my budgt to 15k. Wave S8500's only lagging is the BADA OS I think. How much will I miss Android if I take the Wave instead of the Defy? Please answer carefully.
Well, in India its not any more available in the market. It has been replace with the Wave II. And to be really honest, you wont really regret spending the extra money for the MOTO DEFY. You must opt for that.

Back