help me to get a digi cam

DANMAYA

Recruit
hi friends
iam interested in getting canon digital cam
price range 15k-18k
i want to know whether image stabilization works in canon
bcoz camera shake is a great problem in digital cams
whether to go for image stabilizer or not?????

Hmmm...

Why only Canon as the choice brand? Anything specific?

Any reason why you are not looking at the H2/H5 from Sony? Especially the H2. :) Fast operation, much better control (jogdial) and higher resolution EVF to boot. The H5 gives you a gigantic 3" screen also. And though SmartZoom is nothing but cropping, I find it to be a veryyy useful feature. 20x zoom at 2MP has been used manyy times by me. And I'm a guy who likes to edit/crop pics later..trust me. :)

Jus gimme a good reason why not Sony. :D

Payne

Anish said:
1. No IS
2. Max usable ISO (with perfect exposure) = 400

Sony H2 does have an IS, optical one at that! It's comparable to S3 IS in almost all features, but then, I'd grab an S3 IS on any day! Infact, last week, I coaxed one of my friends to go in for an S3 IS over a H2!

I recently bought Powershot A710 IS for 11K (inclusive of a pouch, 1 gig SD card, 4 NiMh Batteries and Charger) from the US. Loving the cam.

If you're not much into photography, and prefer a point and shoot, look no further than A710 IS! It's perfect. :)

Anish said:
1. No IS

2. Max usable ISO (with perfect exposure) = 400

Dude.

You are kidding me right? Sony's H2 has IS! So does the entire new range of W series from Sony!

Just 'cuz Sony doesn't shout "IS" in the camera's name doesn't mean it doesn't have it. SuperSteady Shot as Sony calls it is the same Optical Image Stabilization as the Canon or the Panasonic's.

As for that number 2 point there, I would love to refer you to my flickr page and this special High ISO set I created>> H2:High ISO shots - a photoset on Flickr

Also please look at DPReview's opinion of the H2/H5 vs the S3 IS. The S3 has higher luminance noise (more grain) but overall they are head-to-head for noise. The only camera which has a real downside in the noise department among the ultra-zooms are Panasonics! What's the deal with the opinion of Sony's High ISO performance here?!:mad:

One more advantage with the H2: Sony gives you 2500mAh rechargeable batteries + Charger in the box. :)

What the.

I still need my reason against Sony. :)

Payne

PS: The only problem with the H2 is the rather slow burst mode but apart from that, the cam impresses in every single aspect possible.

EDIT: Oops. I missed the post a few posts back. :D

^ Click the "All Sizes" option at the top of the image, you should be able to download the original image and check out the EXIF info :)

Ok guys ... quick , i need help ... if i'd have to chose between the A710IS , and the S3 IS .. which one would be better , size no bar :p .. pus it'd be nice if someone could mention the street price too :p .

Back