Help Me to Share Bsnl Broadband

Guys,

I have bsnl broadband at home, which i use on my desktop. Desktop has two lan cards. One on board and one extra.

i want to activate internet sharing in the desktop and wanted to use in my dell xps 1530 without hub.

I have vista ultimate in desktop and vista home premium in laptop.

Which cable will i need ?
Would i have to use any software or is it better to use windows sharing ?
i tried it yesterday but it was unsuccesful.:no:
Regards.

You want to use the internet you have (wired) in , both, your PC and lappy?

If so then you will need either one of the following :

1. wireless router+modem (which will have 4 ethernet ports too btw)

2. modem with one ethernet out and one usb out so you can give one connection to PC and one to lappy.

3. modem+switch so you can use both the computers in LAN

I dont think you can just share the net via the two ethernet ports on the PC.

Ank1t said:
You want to use the internet you have (wired) in , both, your PC and lappy?

Right now i am using bsnl broadband in desktop. now i want to share it from my desktop and wanted to use in laptop with lan cable.

is it possible without hub ?

you can just use a crossed cable connection , lan cable from lan port 2 on the pc with the modem to the laptop and it will work. you might need to fiddle around with settings a bit though.

i think with newer lan cards it wont even be necessary to use a cross cable but not sure

am doing the same with my airtel connection.

There is osmething called internet connection sharing. I'm on XP so i can tell you how to do in XP not vista...

My network places -> setup home/office network. try it.

SunnyBoi said:
There is osmething called internet connection sharing. I'm on XP so i can tell you how to do in XP not vista...

My network places -> setup home/office network. try it.

I succesfully shared the connection from my desktop, but i am not able to surf website on my laptop.

I can see device named internet sharing gateway but not able to surf net with 192.168.0.2 ip and also not with auto detect proxy setting.

Btw Does both pc should have same workgroup ?

Back